TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Score Prediction Thread

1. Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    A LOT of our problems in the 4th were anemic play calls.

Be careful if you share that opinion though.

4 guys will jump all over you, call you everything except a child of God, and try and convince you that the 4th was pretty much the smartest way to playcall since plays got invented.

‘Sitting on a lead’ is what they call it. Pure genius, they say.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a froot loop around these parts.
    No one is saying its pure genius but if you go back and watch, 3 points were scored going that way. You weren't there. The wind absolutely would've affected the pitch and any throws.

2. Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

Vegas line opens with GS as a 1pt underdog... moved to us being we a 2.5pt favorite.
    FPI 52.1% GS

Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    No one is saying its pure genius but if you go back and watch, 3 points were scored going that way. You weren't there. The wind absolutely would've affected the pitch and any throws.
    You’re up 24-7 in the 4th in the pouring rain and heavy wind. Absolutely no reason to risk things with pitches and passes.

I’d bet the house that if the weathers clear, we don’t get that vanilla with play calling. But in that situation, it was the best decision.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    You’re up 24-7 in the 4th in the pouring rain and heavy wind. Absolutely no reason to risk things with pitches and passes.

I’d bet the house that if the weathers clear, we don’t get that vanilla with play calling. But in that situation, it was the best decision.
    At one point they showed the guys on the field struggling to get back into position on the field.

I think the wind ramped up quite significantly in the 4th quarter. I've dealt with high winds before, it makes everything difficult when you're faced into it.

5. Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    At one point they showed the guys on the field struggling to get back into position on the field.

I think the wind ramped up quite significantly in the 4th quarter. I've dealt with high winds before, it makes everything difficult when you're faced into it.

Obviously faking it.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

On the other hand, you can run an amazing 40 time if you are running with the wind.

8. Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

Put me in the camp of thinking we've turned the corner offensively. Defense looks stout. We're coming in with a lot of confidence AND want. Those 2 are a good combination.

45-24 Eagles.

Eagles 41 troy 17

10. Default Re: Troy Score Prediction Thread

I believe that we have learned from the kool-aid overdose after last year's victory over App State and will not have a repeat of the loss at ULM. Our eagles will show up with a "take care of business GATAtude", and win 34-17. I do think that Troy will start out fast and score an early touchdown, but we adjust on defense and take control of the clock and the game. I have a feeling that J.D. King has a breakout game which would mean that the offensive line continues to mature and dominate the line of scrimmage.