TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

1. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I think it could be a boon for quarterback recruiting for everyone not in the highest rung of college football. Generally only one of those guys gets significant snaps. Beyond that, I'm not convinced it's a net positive for G5s. I'm just not sure picking up players P5s aren't using are going to be just as good as the players we lose because P5s want.
    That’s an interesting take.

And probably a lot of truth to it-for many pro style G5’s....

I do wonder whether we would ever benefit from that, though. With the demise of PJs program at GT, we saw nothing. No O line guys, no RBs, nothing at all..... (Not even any grad transfers I am aware of....)

I doubt we would benefit. Not with the specialized football we must play forevermore

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Whatever the scenario, there are few players who would pass that kind of opportunity.....

Play in the sugar bowl vs some bowl no one has ever heard of?

Come on. Bass is an awesome guy, and he might would actually turn such an offer down..... But I canít say the majority of folks in his shoes would.

I still think the potential for much damage to G5s far outweighs any benefit.
    EVERY person in Bassís shoes would turn down that offer. Want to know why? Because they would have to.

I know we all joke about the term student-athlete but you do realize that one must actually be a student to be an athlete right? You canít just start taking classes at another school mid semester and most importantly you have to actually be enrolled and taking classes at the school. Bass couldnít jump ship just to play in the Sugar Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Also worth noting that for every G5 transfer to an elite P5 program, thatís one more scholarship that a bluechip recruit canít receive from that elite P5.

Iím pretty close to thinking that a one time unconditional transfer with ZERO exceptions may be the way to go here. The argument that the Alabamas of the football world would just accumulate all the talent isnít a good one for me because they do that on signing day anyway and 85 schollys is still 85 schollys.

Hail southern

4. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    EVERY person in Bass’s shoes would turn down that offer. Want to know why? Because they would have to.

I know we all joke about the term student-athlete but you do realize that one must actually be a student to be an athlete right? You can’t just start taking classes at another school mid semester and most importantly you have to actually be enrolled and taking classes at the school. Bass couldn’t jump ship just to play in the Sugar Bowl.
    OK.

Blankenship injured in spring game. A couple years back. And Bass had that percentage a year prior. Or in a bicycle accident in January, or whatever. It’s a Freaking hypothetical, for gods sake.

Point remains. We have a list of players who are extremely important to us, who could be poached easily by a school like that.

I don’t like that scenario or any similar to it.

The reason I used Bass is because We are unlikely to ever see another kicker that good. He was critical to us. Would be a devastating loss. And elite P5s would notice

If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its *** when it jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OK.

Blankenship injured in spring game. A couple years back. And Bass had that percentage a year prior. Or in a bicycle accident in January, or whatever. It’s a Freaking hypothetical, for gods sake.

Point remains. We have a list of players who are extremely important to us, who could be poached easily by a school like that.

I don’t like that scenario or any similar to it.

The reason I used Bass is because We are unlikely to ever see another kicker that good. He was critical to us. Would be a devastating loss. And elite P5s would notice

Bass could have transferred before his senior season without any penalty. You conveniently continue to ignore this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Bass could have transferred before his senior season without any penalty. You conveniently continue to ignore this.
    You forget jcountry is the Scarecrow and doesn't have a brain.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The f is Blankenship?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The f is Blankenship?
    Goggles

Nothing changes the fact that there is an 85 scholarship limit. As long as that limit exists, these exaggerated "nightmare" scenarios are nonsense.

Call me when P5s have unlimited scholarships...then I'll worry.