TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

So pretty much go where you want then if you want if it isn't your perfect fit. Continue to boost the top tier of football. I think it is more bad news for G5. What happens if we just say no. If they don't have a real reason the say no. If they are just cut loose then there will be no redshirts or few top players.

It will continue to worsen now with coaches jumping ship more which will make many of us look like VT. Until the money, the networks and the elite teams scream it won't stop. Really nothing can be done by us(G5) and most of P5. We are just around for the ride. So let's play football with what we have and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Raptor23; 19th February 2020 at 12:56 AM.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

If a team takes a player from the portal who is immediately eligible should he count as one of the 25 player per year signing limit?
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Thoughts I have about the transfer rules now in consideration:

I think the addition of a limiting criteria would be fair to transferring players as well as help provide parity for all D-I schools. It would also alleviate the challenges that will exist with the concept of other coaches potentially tampering with currently enrolled student-athletes.

The limiting criteria could be that any player taken from the transfer portal be counted as a commitment and added to the acquiring teams total as one of the 25 player allowed per year by the signing limit.

The addition of the limiting criteria would result in a coach having to make the decision of whether to take a player from the transfer portal and then have to back off a lower rated recruit, who would then be eligible for another team to sign. It would certainly move toward compensating teams that may have their best player expropriated from them.

I find the possibility of the top rated teams being able to sign 25 highly rated recruits and also add multiple players from the transfer portal very monopolistic. And I feel it would have a detrimental effect on the enthusiasm of lesser rated teams fans, programs and financial health.

I think the players rights to transfer one time without penalty would be accomplished and the concept of parity and fairness throughout all of D-I would be well served by adding the limiting criteria.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

You guys are acting like there is no such thing as scholarship limitations.

This isn’t about the “rich getting richer”. You think an Alabama, UGA, LSU, Ohio St, etc likes the fact that they can lose some of their best players to another top tier school easier now? This is all about the NCAA losing control so the easiest thing to do is just let everybody have a free transfer so they don’t have to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You guys are acting like there is no such thing as scholarship limitations.

This isn’t about the “rich getting richer”. You think an Alabama, UGA, LSU, Ohio St, etc likes the fact that they can lose some of their best players to another top tier school easier now? This is all about the NCAA losing control so the easiest thing to do is just let everybody have a free transfer so they don’t have to deal with it.
    They won't be losing their best, because their best will be playing. But I agree they could lose some depth because of this.

I don't have a problem with a kid transferring, but there should be a time frame of when they can and cannot do it. Give them a limit of something like between the end of the season and the end of spring practice/end of the school year. I would have an issue with them doing it in the middle of the season or right before the season started. I don't have a problem with a one year mandatory sit out, but can understand the side calling for immediate eligibility.

I do think that there will be unintended consequences of P5 schools that have depth or injury issues going out and fishing lower P5s and G5s for talent.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

This is fine. No one will care in 5 years.

Really would like to see NCAA focus more on penalizing HCs. Then they can stick to original transfer rules. HCs is what started it all. Unfortunately it’s much too late for that.
    Last edited by soccereagle; 19th February 2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added comment

9. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

I say let the kids transfer once for immediate eligibility and have to sit out a year any additional transfers after that. Just needs to be a cut off date, almost like a trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    Really would like to see NCAA focus more on penalizing HCs. Then they can stick to original transfer rules. HCs is what started it all. Unfortunately it’s much too late for that.
    Head coaches are employees of the schools and the NCAA has no jurisdiction over their employment.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive