TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre snap motion during appy game

Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I think we are probably 1 more recruiting cycle away from seeing more speed on the field. Hopefully Hood and Thompson will be playing major roles in the offense next year and Green looks more in the Kennedy mold than the King mold. And based on the class with Kennedy and Laroche down to last years class with Hood and Green I’d say it’s obvious Lunsford wants more speed.

Now the other side is keeping that speed on campus. Especially at the WR spot.
    So why is "Speedy" Laroche a non factor if we are still hurting for speed?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    So why is "Speedy" Laroche a non factor if we are still hurting for speed?

Because Kennedy and King are better than Laroche
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Oh I agree that we donít need to be doing it. Itís not what DeBeese is most comfortable with and not whatís giving us the best results.

My point was that if Kennedy lines up in the slot to start then the defense has to account for everything from a WR screen to him motioning into 21. And use Kennedy as an inside and outside rusher when heís in the backfield. Stress the defense mentally and physically. But I know thatís not who we are and what we are going to do. So we need to keep lining up in 21 as much as possible because that gives us our best chance to win with this staff. Despite the waste of talent it presents.
    See, thatís where we differ. I donít think weíre wasting much talent in 21.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    See, that’s where we differ. I don’t think we’re wasting much talent in 21.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. With DeBeese as our OC I guess no we aren’t wasting talent in 21 because that appears to be what he knows best.

When it comes to the makeup of our roster we are wasting talent being in 21. And that’s what I was referencing. What we could be if we had an OC that took advantage of his weapons. But since we don’t have that then yes we are better off just getting in 21 most of the time and hoping the defense keeps the other team in the teens.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. With DeBeese as our OC I guess no we aren’t wasting talent in 21 because that appears to be what he knows best.

When it comes to the makeup of our roster we are wasting talent being in 21. And that’s what I was referencing. What we could be if we had an OC that took advantage of his weapons. But since we don’t have that then yes we are better off just getting in 21 most of the time and hoping the defense keeps the other team in the teens.
    I think with Kennedy and King/Wright as our two RBs, we’re featuring our talent.

I’d like to see what Hood and Thompson have to offer, but it’s more important that we have a home run threat at RB in this offense. Getting creative with the slots is gravy.

Maybe if we played Kennedy at RB in 11, we’d see more of what we saw under Ruse with regard to using the slots?
    Thanks, Rastabot!

6. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Would love to see some jet sweeps with WK3 coming out of the slot.

7. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Would love to see some jet sweeps with WK3 coming out of the slot.
    Man that would be nice!

I was so expecting to see us burn App with something like that in the 4th.

Really needed to make them pay for stacking us like that.

I think with Kennedy and King/Wright as our two RBs, we’re featuring our talent.

I’d like to see what Hood and Thompson have to offer, but it’s more important that we have a home run threat at RB in this offense. Getting creative with the slots is gravy.

Maybe if we played Kennedy at RB in 11, we’d see more of what we saw under Ruse with regard to using the slots?

Just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think Kennedy always liking up in the backfield is maximizing his talent.

Just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think Kennedy always liking up in the backfield is maximizing his talent.
    Probably not his talent, but possibly the offense's talent.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Probably not his talent, but possibly the offense's talent.

Okay well I don’t believe it’s maximizing the offense’s talent either

Just like not getting the ball in Hood’s hands isn’t maximizing the offense’s talent. But it’s like 2013. Was being in the flexbone what maximized our talent on offense? No, but it’s what Brent Davis knew so it was our best thing to do with that staff. Same as this year with DeBeese. Even though doing something different would benefit the offense more it’s not what DeBeese knows so under this staff’s knowledge yes being in 21 is maximizing the talent. Which is sad to me but it is what it is.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 5th November 2019 at 01:08 PM.