TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre snap motion during appy game

Default Pre snap motion during appy game

Is it just me, or did we run a lot more pre snap motion that included guys being in motion when the ball was snapped?

We seemed to be much more effective on the IZ runs when we had a motion man, and you would think, theoretically that the defense is watching the motion man while watching to see where the ball goes, then reacting, instead of just running down hill at the play.

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like we saw that a lot more Thursday than we had all season. It was like we finally were running actual option looks instead of a straight handoff or straight outside zone pitch play every time.

2. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Is it just me, or did we run a lot more pre snap motion that included guys being in motion when the ball was snapped?

We seemed to be much more effective on the IZ runs when we had a motion man, and you would think, theoretically that the defense is watching the motion man while watching to see where the ball goes, then reacting, instead of just running down hill at the play.

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like we saw that a lot more Thursday than we had all season. It was like we finally were running actual option looks instead of a straight handoff or straight outside zone pitch play every time.
    I wondered if DeBesse had been saving some of these motion and shift looks for App State. It seemed to work. One other observation is that JD King is a brute running between the tackles, but seemed to have issues getting turned up field on pitch plays out wide.

Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

I think King will get better on the outside with more reps. I almost wonder if we were rotating too many guys at the beginning of the season and preventing them from getting a feel. WK3 and JDK should be in on basically every place unless they are hurt or gassed IMO.

4. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Totally agree on your assessment!! Add SW1 to the weaponry mix and if they all continue to progress/work hard/stay healthy—-look out Sunbelt!!!

We motion a lot more in our single-back sets, which honestly we should. We just can't do much out of that formation if the defense doesn't think the slot can't be a part of the option game.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

We have motioned alot since WK3 has come back. I seen some shifts that i havent seen all year and personnel that i haven't seen. The h-back/tight end lined up at the top of the diamond formation so that he can be a lead blocker on the pitch.

I noticed more motion and the TE/H-Back formations as well. Can we just use the TE as our wide blockers?

Just saying!!

one thing I will say is, I hope we never line up for 3rd and short with a 1 backfield set and no motion. In that situation, we basically run up the middle on every play, and we get stuffed most of the time.

9. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

I think there was some more motion, which needs to continue... Also needs to run more formations, like the centipede formation, more often.

We are in the "base" set too frequently. The Debesse offense has 5-6 formations that offer something different and I would like to see more of them.

10. Default Re: Pre snap motion during appy game

Motion is very nice to see.

If we could just get the blocking on the edge working right, we would really have something......

Kennedy’s run sure was nice-in spite of poor blocking. I’m pretty sure he evaded 43 defenders within a yard on that play.