TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 146

Thread: Going conservative with the lead

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    950

    Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We have an ignore function.

    It's really cool.

    You should take it for a spin if you don't like me.

    Why subject yourself to such unhappiness? Life is too short.

    (Seriously. I'm not trying to be rude or facetious or sarcastic. Rather than coming back and throwing stones at me, why not just turn me off?)
    The ignore function is really great, but unfortunately it’s not fool proof. Every time you hijack a thread, going on and on with your mindless blather, it shows up under everybody’s quote. You may not be rude, facetious or sarcastic, but your arguments always border on obnoxious. Don’t worry, it’s not all your fault. The people that engage your arguments are just as guilty as you.
    Seriously, you occasionally make a decent point. However, when you go on and on and argue with endless dribble that doesn’t prove your point, it makes you hard to take. Maybe just consider toning it down a bit, well a good bit.

  2. Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    The ignore function is really great, but unfortunately it’s not fool proof. Every time you hijack a thread, going on and on with your mindless blather, it shows up under everybody’s quote. You may not be rude, facetious or sarcastic, but your arguments always border on obnoxious. Don’t worry, it’s not all your fault. The people that engage your arguments are just as guilty as you.
    Seriously, you occasionally make a decent point. However, when you go on and on and argue with endless dribble that doesn’t prove your point, it makes you hard to take. Maybe just consider toning it down a bit, well a good bit.
    So, calling it "mindless blather" isn't just a tad obnoxious?

    I'm confused.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    950

    Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    So, calling it "mindless blather" isn't just a tad obnoxious?

    I'm confused.
    Oh no, it is a bit obnoxious, but you earned it. Just tone down your rhetoric and incessant posting and you could be all right.

  4. #104

    Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Hard pass. Unsubscribe.

    But back on topic (is that even allowed?). Thursday night was the only time I can ever legitimately remember almost being blown off my feet by the wind. Multiple times. And they were all from halftime through the end of the game. So I would have been conservative as all get out, too. I had had many libations and practically yelled for Coach Debesse to run a reverse or ANYTHING to try to take App off guard. But in the light of complete sobriety, yes the conditions were bad enough to affect even pitches going toward against that hurting/cross wind.

  5. Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Not my point.

    Did the refs have any rule they could base that flag on?

    It was a really stupid call, and it got laughed at across media for a week. Specifically because there is no rule against dancing. This was in no way taunting or threatening. It was dancing and getting hyped during a time out.

    Add that to all the other garbage throughout that entire game, and we had very slanted officiating against us.

    This stuff does make a difference. It has made a difference ever since we got to the sun belt. Other teams in this conference simply don't get punked like we do. Especially at Paulson.
    Im not defending the call but even CCL said he should've kept them closer to the sideline. That game was chippy from the start due to their HC and his dislike of GS. The officials were probably worried it could lead to something worse.

  6. Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We have an ignore function.

    It's really cool.

    You should take it for a spin if you don't like me.

    Why subject yourself to such unhappiness? Life is too short.

    (Seriously. I'm not trying to be rude or facetious or sarcastic. Rather than coming back and throwing stones at me, why not just turn me off?)
    Because this is what you do to every single thread. You turn it into some big conspiracy. Try being a official. You can't see everything. Absolutely, unequivocally there is no bias against us at home or on the road.

    Btw, this totally debunks your conspiracy theory. We average 4.8 penalties a game. Next closest is south Alabama at 5.4

  7. Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think a rule violation is supposed to be a basis for a penalty.
    If you want to be technical, it could be called unsportsmanlike conduct because they were almost on that hash marks. They didn't call the penalty until CCU started dancing.

  8. Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Hard pass. Unsubscribe.

    But back on topic (is that even allowed?). Thursday night was the only time I can ever legitimately remember almost being blown off my feet by the wind. Multiple times. And they were all from halftime through the end of the game. So I would have been conservative as all get out, too. I had had many libations and practically yelled for Coach Debesse to run a reverse or ANYTHING to try to take App off guard. But in the light of complete sobriety, yes the conditions were bad enough to affect even pitches going toward against that hurting/cross wind.
    +1

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    1,925

    Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Hard pass. Unsubscribe.

    But back on topic (is that even allowed?). Thursday night was the only time I can ever legitimately remember almost being blown off my feet by the wind. Multiple times. And they were all from halftime through the end of the game. So I would have been conservative as all get out, too. I had had many libations and practically yelled for Coach Debesse to run a reverse or ANYTHING to try to take App off guard. But in the light of complete sobriety, yes the conditions were bad enough to affect even pitches going toward against that hurting/cross wind.
    It was funny because it was their cheerleaders, but I was actually a little concerned for the App crew when they pulled up the big flags and started to get blown over.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,589

    Default Re: Going conservative with the lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    If you want to be technical, it could be called unsportsmanlike conduct because they were almost on that hash marks. They didn't call the penalty until CCU started dancing.
    Both teams were near the hash mark = flag. They wanted to stop it before anything were to happen (proactive). Notice the following week, the team faced the fans and stayed on the sideline and no flag.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Similar Threads

  1. To lead you must have followers
    By Blueblood in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th March 2009, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •