TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Difference Maker

Default Re: Difference Maker

The stupid snap it backwards offense just accomplished something that no coach in our history has ever done, and that is to go 2-0 in the first two matches against App.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The stupid snap it backwards offense just accomplished something that no coach in our history has ever done, and that is to go 2-0 in the first two matches against App.
    Stowers did too.

3. Default Re: Difference Maker

Our secondary also played lights out in my opinion. No deep passes allowed and lots of pass breakups. Even on their TD passes, we pretty much were all over their receivers who just made a couple of great grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    No just you is to take any post you don’t agree with out of context and try to twist in to your own little narrative. I hope your beloved dawgs get the same thing the Appy’s got last night!

Can I get a translator for that first sentence?

I was pointing out that you can’t snap the ball forward. Probably why everybody has a “snap it backwards” offense. Because that’s the rules of football. I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Our secondary also played lights out in my opinion. No deep passes allowed and lots of pass breakups. Even on their TD passes, we pretty much were all over their receivers who just made a couple of great grabs.
    That one TD I swear the receiver couldn’t even see the ball and still made the catch.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Seemed like the refs were letting them play. A few times I thought a flag would be thrown but we were fortunate.

IMO snap it backwards means shotgun, but a very poor analogy, as we all know, you have to snap it backwards in football. It's the rules. No snapping forward unless you want to give the other team the ball on turnovers.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Can I get a translator for that first sentence?

I was pointing out that you can’t snap the ball forward. Probably why everybody has a “snap it backwards” offense. Because that’s the rules of football. I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    IMO snap it backwards means shotgun, but a very poor analogy, as we all know, you have to snap it backwards in football. It's the rules. No snapping forward unless you want to give the other team the ball on turnovers.
    Sideways is also legal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ePnGCKXZc

Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickEagle View Post
    The difference maker could potentially also have been how we went soft on defense & offense in the fourth quarter. In my mind, I kept seeing how the MN game ended. But what is important is that we hung on for the win.
    worried me too
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I thought our shotgun snaps were pretty good this week. Didnít throw off the timing of the plays like games past. I donít know about the fundamentals of long snapping but seems our guy can snap it to a punter no problem. But then shotgun gives us issues.

The real difference maker was Lunsford was in a hoody and NotSatterfield looked like an Eskimo. What did we do to be ready for the cold that they didnít?