TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App score prediction and game week discussion

Default App score prediction and game week discussion

My Take:

The game will go down to the wire if:
    1. We avoid turnovers and costly mistakes (duh).
    2. We punch it in once we get into the red zone.
    3. We avoid discombobulation and breakdowns in the secondary with safeties.

Those are pretty big ifs, though. After NMSU Im a little more confident about the third one, but the first 2 not as much. App couldn't run it all that much on us last season and I don't think they will this season. The challenge will be Zac Thomas on the zone read plays and his passing.

I think we'll be in it until the fourth quarter.
    27-16 App
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: App score prediction and game week discussion

38-14 App State.

Their defense is allowing less than 4 YPC on the ground and I just don't see how we keep up with their offense.

I think the big thing is going to be weathering the storm (pun intended) of App's initial onslaught. They are going to be fired up and will try to come out and jump on us. If we can keep pace through the first quarter I like our chances. I know our coaching staff understands the importance of this rivalry, don't know what Drink's throughts on it are though. I'm confident in our defense, just need the offense to do its part and move the ball and get some points. Don't know if we'll win, but I don't think we'll get blown out either.

4. Default Re: App score prediction and game week discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    38-14 App State.

Their defense is allowing less than 4 YPC on the ground and I just don't see how we keep up with their offense.
    You gotta start diving a little deeper. They've played 2 teams this year that run option concepts. See if you can spot them.

http://cfbstats.com/2019/team/27/rus...e/gamelog.html

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    38-14 App State.

We will see. We are giving up even fewer yards per play in the running game than they are, our front is better than last season, and App doesn't run it quite as well as least season.

Like I said, the wild card is Zac Thomas.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: App score prediction and game week discussion

At this point, I don’t know if we remember how to play in dry weather, bring on the rain and GS wins in Boone.

App 24
    GS 17
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

This is the second best team on our schedule. They have an excellent offense and out-athlete GS all over the field. For the first time in more than 20 years, I'll be attending another event rather than watch a game with a foregone conclusion - and I went to LSU.

GS - 24
    Goat Lovers - 20

At first thought we did not stand a chance against them, but a few factors swayed my opinion:

Rain and more Rain. We have adjusted and played in horrible conditions the past two weeks. We know we are primarily one dimensional but the rain could cause Appy to become more one dimensional and protecting our biggest defensive concern (safety play on passing plays). Let's face it...... we are freaks and rain seems to bring out those special games for us.

We have been trending upwards the past few weeks winning 3 in a row and seemed to carry that GS swagger in last week's game on both sides of the ball. Very encouraging.

Finally they are ranked and on paper are the better team. However, in this rivalry each seems to rise to the occasion and play spoiler to the other teams plans.

I freely acknowledge I possess true blue tinted glasses and I have not stopped believing.

10. Default Re: App score prediction and game week discussion

Crap will not forget last year. Wish I had better thoughts but GS 10 - Crap State 42

Not convinced we found an offense and with that we put defense in bad spots..