TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

1. Default Roll Over. Play Dead.....

So.

Yet another week where we scrape the bottom of the barrel with our reported attendance numbers.

Despite the fact that we have 20x the actual humans in stands as anyone else in this conference besides App.

Because we are total rubes.

Are we even trying to compete? Really?

(you can’t tell me those numbers don’t matter. They matter to everyone from recruits to sponsors to bowl game committees and TV selection staffs.).

Week after week and season after season of playing by rules as we wish they were, rather than by rules as they actually exist just proves that we are happy to be last.

Talking about freaking Eagles Beating Eagles.

2. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Do you to b**ch about everything?

Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

The reported attendance numbers donít matter.

Revenue matters. And that canít be fudged on the same scale so youíre arguing about a moot point.

Itís obvious our attendance reporting is different than most any other member of the conference. I agree with Country - it hurts come bowl time but it hurts even more in metro ATL where most of our students call home. Casual fans look at GA Stateís inflated attendance and, compares it with us. They had 20k plus last night and we had 10k. Iím sure recruits see that stuff too. Either all teams in Belt follow a standard reporting guideline or Kleinlein needs to report like the others. At the end of the day - itís egg on his face either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    The reported attendance numbers don’t matter.

Revenue matters. And that can’t be fudged on the same scale so you’re arguing about a moot point.
    Every bowl committee has seen our home crowds and lower reported numbers, and seen the other teams seriously inflated numbers and empty stands. We'll be fine.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

The reported attendance numbers don’t matter.

Revenue matters. And that can’t be fudged on the same scale so you’re arguing about a moot point.
    You say they don’t matter, why would literally everyone else except GS and App go to the trouble to fudge this stuff?

Why waste the time?

(yes. they do matter. The fact that some of us thing it’s distasteful doesn’t detract from the truth. That number matters for several reasons.).

But why not just be determined to finish last? This stuff, beer sales, all sorts of ways we continue to stand in our own way really boils down to our mgmt, or Whomever is ultimately making these decisions is happy with last place.

When we moved to the FBS, we claimed that we were ready to play with the big boys, but now we got a bad case of just throwing our hands up and bowing out. We either play by the rules as they exist, or we forfeit

They're not fudging anything - they're reporting total tickets sold, not bodies in the stadium like we are. We have 6000(?) season tickets, so that plus whatever students get scanned plus single game tickets is our reported number.

8. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Every bowl committee has seen our home crowds and lower reported numbers, and seen the other teams seriously inflated numbers and empty stands. We'll be fine.

You really expect bowl committees visit stadiums and verify crowds?

Thats special.

How about all the broadcast producers? Notice our broadcasts have become harder and harder to find?

How about radio? We now have zero radio affiliates in the Atlanta area. How many do you think Gag has??

(I absolutely guarantee these numbers matter. When a broadcast station makes a decision to become an affiliate, they will look at the official attendance numbers)

What the hell do people think these numbers are for?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You really expect bowl committees visit stadiums and verify crowds?

Thats special
    They do all the time.

They do all the time.

Haha yep thatís legit what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.