TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Season

Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Point in all of that is, our struggles on offense this season should not be placed on CL. Football is won on the line of scrimmage, and we're getting beat there on nearly every snap.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I mean, I thought there was a plurality of fans that didn't think the last year's OL was all that great as a unit and that's not going to get fixed basically in a single recruiting cycle by this staff. Maybe we have problem with OL coaching, but either way the group clearly isn't getting the job done.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 22nd October 2019 at 02:54 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    It's hard when we are a program so used to winning to have to go through rough times. But continual turnover isn't the answer. I think last season should buy Coach Lunsford a little time. He showed that he is capable, unlike Summers before him who was absolutely and undoubtedly in over his head and will likely be seen as the worst coaching hire in program history. It may take a couple of years to get it rocking, but I can remember way back when Satterfield took over at App and was having a rocky time. Their fans were screaming, but they stuck with him and look where they are now. I think it's worth giving Coach a little time, rather than saying "Oh, we barely beat USA and CCU -- Fire everyone!!"
    $800 k buy out buys CHAD many season and TK should be fired

Just read that CL is 90th in yearly salary. About 10 teams weren't reported including Army so I'd imagine CL is somewhere between 91-100. I think he's sitting at 5th in SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    EF200? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Just read that CL is 90th in yearly salary. About 10 teams weren't reported including Army so I'd imagine CL is somewhere between 91-100. I think he's sitting at 5th in SB.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sal...football/coach

#99/122 with a base of $680K and a max of $856K. But he'll never make the full salary but the bonus includes things like winning the CFP. More reachable goals are things like APR, staying off academic probation, winning the conference, team GPA, winning the conference, going to a bowl, etc.

The other 8 are private and don't release numbers.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 23rd October 2019 at 02:14 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

#99 with a base of $680K and a max of $856K. But he'll never make the full salary but the bonus includes things like winning the CFP. More reachable goals are things like APR, staying off academic probation, winning the conference, team GPA, winning the conference, going to a bowl, etc.
    i thought it was pretty interesting, Appy new HC 750,000. And no wonder Troy is struggling, they tossed FCS money at their new HC, 350,000

7. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

#99/122 with a base of $680K and a max of $856K. But he'll never make the full salary but the bonus includes things like winning the CFP. More reachable goals are things like APR, staying off academic probation, winning the conference, team GPA, winning the conference, going to a bowl, etc.

The other 8 are private and don't release numbers.
    $856k is CHAD’s buy out. So if we fire him we owe him $856k!

8. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Reading my mind.

Motion and up tempo are not rocket science.

Why on earth do we burn clock every single play (except on one final drive where we can’t?)
    At this point we are running the offense at a faster tempo compared to last year by about 1.5 to 2 seconds per play. I'm stumped on the motion thing unless it's a timing thing. We did better at blocking the IZ on Saturday but it has to continue to get better with the rest of the schedule.

I mean, if we feature the same 5-6 plays why not ram those plays down their throats every few series? If we’re in great physical shape do we need to huddle and sub so often?

10. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    Neither should be fired. TK is doing a good job. Just look at the non-conference schedule coming up. CCL will be here as long as he wants to be here. He loves this place, he recruits well and he will win. Give him time. We haven't even seen his recruits except for a few.