TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Season

Default Re: Strange Season

I mean, if we feature the same 5-6 plays why not ram those plays down their throats every few series? If we’re in great physical shape do we need to huddle and sub so often?

2. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    $800 k buy out buys CHAD many season and TK should be fired
    Neither should be fired. TK is doing a good job. Just look at the non-conference schedule coming up. CCL will be here as long as he wants to be here. He loves this place, he recruits well and he will win. Give him time. We haven't even seen his recruits except for a few.

3. Default Re: Strange Season

See his buy out? You take a coach from assistant coaching ranks and make him head man you either pay him mid market with -0- buy out or pay him below market and a big buy out. Seems TK paid mid market AND big buy out. Makes -0- sense to me but I’m in the stands not on sideline or booth for the games.
    I don’t think Chad should be worried about his job but he was never a head coach. Allowed to hire two coordinators for a good $$. Great year last year and a tougher year this year but definitely no progress. Question is how does he develop the program? Jury is out IMO but with another bowl this year My confidence will improve. If not then the big buy out looks really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    At this point we are running the offense at a faster tempo compared to last year by about 1.5 to 2 seconds per play. I'm stumped on the motion thing unless it's a timing thing. We did better at blocking the IZ on Saturday but it has to continue to get better with the rest of the schedule.
    We did better at blocking the IZ bc we started off running the option to the outside a ton the first few drives and this opened up the IZ. I had been saying it for years, you dont need to especially the iz or dive first, just establish something and other areas will open up. At least we changed it up bc if we started out with 3 straight iz plays, like usual, it wouldn't have gone so well.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Have I missed something? CCL is 13-6 since fully taking over the program (15-10 overall). Why are we even mentioning a buyout?

6. Default Re: Strange Season

10-2 last year so we are turning what around again?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Have I missed something? CCL is 13-6 since fully taking over the program (15-10 overall). Why are we even mentioning a buyout?
    Because many people on here lean on their emotions first instead of taking a step back to look at the full picture. These people are probably the same people who think that if we just fire folks after their first two years each time we're gonna grab the next Erk. Which is a fallacy, to get a good coach to stay you have to show loyalty. Firing after two years or failing to reward good performance after two years is gonna turn people away. Folks around here only look at the game we just played and the next game up, when in reality we should look at a 4 year period (full recruiting cycle). I think coach is doing a good job. We have a lot of injuries, a lot of youth, and not many seniors. In spite of this our boys are fighting hard and aren't giving up. Let's all take a step back and come back to this at the end of the season.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

10-2 last year so we are turning what around again?
    That exact same staff that won 10 games last year is still here today.

The defense is playing nearly on par with what they were doing last year. The offensive line has had massive turnover from injuries and graduation....what a surprise that that resulted in the offense taking a huge step back.

I'm not a huge fan of DeBesse, but there is absolutely no reason to put our 3-3 record on CL.

See his buy out? You take a coach from assistant coaching ranks and make him head man you either pay him mid market with -0- buy out or pay him below market and a big buy out. Seems TK paid mid market AND big buy out. Makes -0- sense to me but I’m in the stands not on sideline or booth for the games.
    I don’t think Chad should be worried about his job but he was never a head coach. Allowed to hire two coordinators for a good $$. Great year last year and a tougher year this year but definitely no progress. Question is how does he develop the program? Jury is out IMO but with another bowl this year My confidence will improve. If not then the big buy out looks really silly.
    I'd love to see you try to negotiate a coach's contract with the stipulations that you think are reasonable. We have a buy out that goes both ways. You can't say, if you leave you owe us a $1M, but if we fire you we're not paying you diddly. If he were 10-3 again this year and left like Fritz did, you'd be screaming about how little his buy out was and how easy it was for him to leave like everyone was when Fritz left.

And 99/122 is not mid market. Even though we are paying CCL more than the previous coaches, we are still getting him on the cheap compared to his peers.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

10. Default Re: Strange Season

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We did better at blocking the IZ bc we started off running the option to the outside a ton the first few drives and this opened up the IZ. I had been saying it for years, you dont need to especially the iz or dive first, just establish something and other areas will open up. At least we changed it up bc if we started out with 3 straight iz plays, like usual, it wouldn't have gone so well.
    You're right and the fact that we started off with a pass on Saturday. We did the same vs Appy last year but Shai tucked it and scrambled. I have seen progress in the last two games and expect to see more on Saturday