TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    It is possible to acknowledge that we are struggling as a team right now, especially on offense, and still celebrate a win. I hope Lunsford elbow dropped the tar out of a chair in there after the game, and I hope he coaches them (players and staff) harder than he ever has this week.

Hail southern
    Coach needs to just give the elbow drops to metal chairs a rest. Spend that time looking for a new OC.

This team is not very good. Don't know if it is mostly injuries, coaches, player talent, rain, or a soggy field, but this season is pretty bad.

2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    This is categorically not true.
    True, just not categorically?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    This is their 3rd season in the conference. Are you sure they don’t have a full 85 scholarships?
    Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because we’re Georgia Southern?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Because he's one of those people that only shows up on game days to ***** and moan and doesn't understand realities like what a mess our OL is.
    Yes, the beat writer who covers them mentioned on the GS Extra podcast that they weren't at the full 85 scholarships yet, and noted the injuries they had coming in to the game.

And Billy Bob I post here almost daily and have for close to 20 years. I'm sorry if you don't recognize my posts. I bleed blue but I'm going to call it like I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes, the beat writer who covers them mentioned on the GS Extra podcast that they weren't at the full 85 scholarships yet, and noted the injuries they had coming in to the game.

And Billy Bob I post here almost daily and have for close to 20 years. I'm sorry if you don't recognize my posts. I bleed blue but I'm going to call it like I see it.
    That was directed at EagleGrad2018, not you.

Also, are we Georgia Southern fans really going to be the ones that look down on our nose at an opponet because they have fewer scholarships? (I don't think we're even at 80 even when you add the guys that are injured).
    Last edited by BillyBob; 19th October 2019 at 06:52 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    300 yds rushing and got the job done. Bandwagon fans.
    You’re a glass always overflowing kind of guy. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    True, just not categorically?
    No it is categorically, our coaching is better than it was during the summers era in every phase of the game.

Hey I am excited we won this game bc we are still in control of our own destiny at this point. We have underperformed offensively but are slowly making strides. We still have a plethora of issues no doubt, the outlandish penalties being at the forefront imo bc without two 4th down penalties on the same drive CCU wouldn’t have ever tied it up. Now let’s beat down and beat Nmsu next week.

Also, I love seeing the bowl victory pennants on the FOC wall. For those that take shots at our program I would say reference those and our SB Championship in only our 5th season in the FBS.
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

This is their 3rd season in the conference. Are you sure they don’t have a full 85 scholarships?
    Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because we’re Georgia Southern?
    Because he's one of those people that only shows up on game days to ***** and moan and doesn't understand realities like what a mess our OL is.
    That was directed at EagleGrad2018, not you.

Also, are we Georgia Southern fans really going to be the ones that look down on the field because they have fewer scholarships.
    Yes, because honestly it shouldn't even have been a game in the 4th quarter. We have major issues with being able to BEAT teams. It's the equivalent of going to 3OT with an FCS team. Coming off a 16 day break, there's no excuse for it.

8. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    If that 4th and 5 was incomplete and we lose I doubt you’d be calling it gutsy
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes, because honestly it shouldn't even have been a game in the 4th quarter. We have major issues with being able to BEAT teams. It's the equivalent of going to 3OT with an FCS team. Coming off a 16 day break, there's no excuse for it.
    In what sense are they an FCS team? They beat a Power 5 team and will probably get to bowl eligibility with what's left on their schedule.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Too bad it was completed. And then again.