TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes, because honestly it shouldn't even have been a game in the 4th quarter. We have major issues with being able to BEAT teams. It's the equivalent of going to 3OT with an FCS team. Coming off a 16 day break, there's no excuse for it.
    In what sense are they an FCS team? They beat a Power 5 team and will probably get to bowl eligibility with what's left on their schedule.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Too bad it was completed. And then again.

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    Who cares who many scholarships they have we should’ve beaten them by 30
    Did appy beat the by 30? Nope.

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Did appy beat the by 30? Nope.
    No but if we play like we did today against them we will lose by 30

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    We have a third year starting QB with an arm that is arguably one of the best we've had. THIRD YEAR. Very frustrating to see talent underutilized. We're an Xs and Os team with little attention to talent. This reminds me of Sewak.
    In case you weren't there, we were playing in a tropical storm and he did throw two touchdown passes. On top of that, what recievers would you throw it to? Don't say Anderson like last year because he dang sure doesn't have enough time for that. Our recievers have dropped quite few in dry conditions, i wouldn't throw to them either in wet conditions.

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

I hate our playcalling.

Once we HAVE to get a play or die, we call something appropriate.

Most of the rest of the game we fool around with ultra conservative stuff and get so far behind the 8 ball.

There is so little aggression to playcalling on offense.

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    No but if we play like we did today against them we will lose by 30
    This is what i hate about GS fans. We aren't entitled to anything but we act like we are. How many losing seasons have we had? Our offensive line is a mess. WK3 showed how much we missed him today. That same defense that gave up 300 yds on the ground today was only giving up 160 a game. They gave 180 to appy. They had more yds of offense vs appy.

8. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I hate our playcalling.

Once we HAVE to get a play or die, we call something appropriate.

Most of the rest of the game we fool around with ultra conservative stuff and get so far behind the 8 ball.

There is so little aggression to playcalling on offense.
    Me and you rarely agree and we dont now. I thought we opened up as much as we could considering the conditions. Gameplan today was affected by the weather for sure.

9. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    This is what i hate about GS fans. We aren't entitled to anything but we act like we are. How many losing seasons have we had? Our offensive line is a mess. WK3 showed how much we missed him today. That same defense that gave up 300 yds on the ground today was only giving up 160 a game. They gave 180 to appy. They had more yds of offense vs appy.
    Appy is nowhere near in the same universe as what we played today.

10. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Nope. We actually won today.

To me, it feels more like 2008-09.

The worrisome thing is that we played much better than CCU, just as we played much better than USA.

Yet we still needed multiple OTs to win both.
    We are STILL killing far too many drives with penalties and retarded playcalls.

We fortunately have some talented players who can make us look better than we are, but there’s so little dimension to this offense. I still say playcalling is hurting us more than anything else.

3rd and 13 and a handoff to King???? Right up the middle? What the hell for?

Did we just totally forget what plays we used to run with explosive potential? Did we lose that part of the playbook??

Where the bell is ANY tricky stuff?