TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Honestly, Iíd love to have some optimism, but this feels like a continuation of the Summers debacle.

Regardless of our performance, Iíll always support our program and university, but I donít have to be all sunshine and rainbows like nothing is wrong.
    Nope. We actually won today.

To me, it feels more like 2008-09.

The worrisome thing is that we played much better than CCU, just as we played much better than USA.

Yet we still needed multiple OTs to win both.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    Who cares who many scholarships they have we shouldíve beaten them by 30
    Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because weíre Georgia Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because we’re Georgia Southern?
    We should have beat them by 10-14 based on how both teams played.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because weíre Georgia Southern?
    No I guess today was acceptable. Iíll just be happy and be thankful a wins a win

Very painful to watch the offense. More painful to read criticism from "fans" who can't be bothered to actually attend the game.

Someone wrote they have less than 85. I was just asking a question. They are our peers. Why should we have beaten them by 30? Is it simply because we’re Georgia Southern?
    Because he's one of those people that only shows up on game days to ***** and moan and doesn't understand realities like what a mess our OL is.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We should have beat them by 10-14 based on how both teams played.
    I donít disagree with that, but 30? We have statistically dominated our last two games on both sides except where it matters most (points). Iím just pumped. That was an exciting ending and I enjoyed it. We have a chance to be above 500 one week from now. That didnít seem possible 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    We ran a lot on the edge today i thought. Did you want throw it 20 times today?
    We have a third year starting QB with an arm that is arguably one of the best we've had. THIRD YEAR. Very frustrating to see talent underutilized. We're an Xs and Os team with little attention to talent. This reminds me of Sewak.

It was ugly. Weíre not a great team, canít even call us a good team, but weíre at .500 at the midpoint of the season and have a path to six wins. Iím not happy about how weíve played so far but our only losses are to good teams: LSU, Minnesota, and ULL. We missed our best player Wes Kennedy for the first four games. Our best lineman and starting center are out for the year. If we can squeeze three more wins out of this schedule and go to a bowl we can regroup in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Nope. We actually won today.

To me, it feels more like 2008-09.

The worrisome thing is that we played much better than CCU, just as we played much better than USA.

Yet we still needed multiple OTs to win both.
    You’re right.