TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendance)

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    In case you haven’t noticed, we are losing to Ga State.

Every damned year, practically.

Plus, we are losing press/exposure/recruits due to their location.

We better stop sleeping on them. People focus on App, but they ain’t our competition no more. Gag is. We better wake up to that fact.
    No one is sleeping on them. You keep arguing that we are losing some non-existent contest that you have manifested in your head where reported attendance actually means something in the grand scheme of things. THAT is what we are not losing. If you want to talk about actual games that we are losing, that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Can you name one recruit that we offered that we have lost to Gag St? Or is this like your memory that we are beating uga on the recruiting trail "regularly" too? I'm sure there's probably one or two, but you act like it's constantly happening. So you should be able to pull a couple names off the top of your head to answer it, right? Since it happens so frequently???
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

2. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    So your saying that if we lie about how many people come to games, that it will make more people come to games??????? You can't be serious can you?
    No, I didn’t say anything close to that. If you’re not going to keep up with the posts, that’s fine, but don’t expect me to indulge in your frivolous questions.

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

I think people who make the TV schedules definitely look at these numbers.

When it comes down to the decision between a school which looks good on paper for a Thurs night ESPN broadcast, vs one with 10k fewer in the official numbers, I definitely think it matters.

(y’all certainly don’t imagine that broadcast producers travel to every stadium each year, do you? No. The guys who make those decisions never leave their offices.)

Many broadcast games come down to choices like that. And there’s no asterisk on any producer’s list denoting the fact that some schools are more honest than others.

There are so many problems with continuing to do this the current way. So many. and not one ounce of upside except making some old guys who think they have the moral high ground on social media feel better. about losing out.
    It comes down to how many viewers have watched GS games in the past and how does the atmosphere on TV look because of actual butts in the seats on the previous televised games. It's not about some random number that, as you have clearly stated is worthless since "everyone" lies about the reported attendance. if you, being random guy on the internet, know that they lie about them, don't you think a TV producer who is scheduling games to be on TV knows they lie about them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No, I didn’t say anything close to that. If you’re not going to keep up with the posts, that’s fine, but don’t expect me to indulge in your frivolous questions.

The question you answered was what do we gain from lieing about or inflating the numbers. Your answer was more filled seats.

What then should I have understood you meant with your post about more filled seats?

5. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

The question you answered was what do we gain from lieing about or inflating the numbers. Your answer was more filled seats.

What then should I have understood you meant with your post about more filled seats?
    No, that’s not what you asked.

Gag shouldn’t even be in FBS.

Those jerks cheated for years to stay in. They cheated their way into a big stadium in a major metro area.

But guess what.... They are actually becoming very relevant. Especially to us.

Some of you guys are focused on “honesting” our way to obscurity.
    They are not becoming relevant because they are lieing about their attendance though.

The NCAA required 15000 to stay in FBS is a rule that 1) is not enforced because the NCAA if useless and 2) has so many loopholes in it that it really has nothing to do with actual butts in seats. So if Gag St (or anyone else) sells tickets as part of sponsorships or sells bulk seats to charities etc, they really aren't "cheating" they are doing what the stupid rules allow. If I recall it doesn't say 15000 actual butts in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No, that’s not what you asked.
    Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN
    IMO, given our current situation, I think the best way to do that is to wait until next season. Give our sponsors X amount of tickets as part of their sponsorship packages and count those tickets every game (used or unused) because technically the sponsors paid for them.

I am not saying we should, or shouldn’t, do that but it seems like the best way to go about that.

but WHY? What do we gain from it?

It posted weird because of how I copy/pasted it. But yes, that is exactly what I asked.

If some posters gave a dollar to the Eagle Fund to match each post here, we might not have continuity problems. It's like people who don't vote griping about politics. If you don't donate, buy season tickets, attend most games, buy parking - STFU!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    If some posters gave a dollar to the Eagle Fund to match each post here, we might not have continuity problems. It's like people who don't vote griping about politics. If you don't donate, buy season tickets, attend most games, buy parking - STFU!
    This so much
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

10. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN
    IMO, given our current situation, I think the best way to do that is to wait until next season. Give our sponsors X amount of tickets as part of their sponsorship packages and count those tickets every game (used or unused) because technically the sponsors paid for them.

I am not saying we should, or shouldn’t, do that but it seems like the best way to go about that.

but WHY? What do we gain from it?

It posted weird because of how I copy/pasted it. But yes, that is exactly what I asked.
    In that scenario, we allocate more tickets and as a result a “gain” is the potential to fill more seats, what’s so difficult to understand about that?