TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    OK. Given that he’s 5-10, 180 lb who can’t exactly bang between the tackles all game long, how would you go about that in this offense? I’d like to see us target him a few more times with the pass and I think he should be our primary return man, but I don’t know how you’d go about getting him that many touches with someone whose strengths are as an edge runner/receiver.

Not arguing with you. I see it as a dilemma.

First off return men are completely useless in today’s game. There is zero reason to ever even attempt to return a kick and it’s very tough to even get a decent chance to return a punt. So making him a return man does nothing to help get the ball in his hands.

As for his to get him more involved? Screen passes, Jet sweeps, wheel routes,!swing passes out of the backfield. There are tons of ways to get a 5’10 180lb guy involved in the offense. Teams do it all across the country every week. You actually have to gameplan to do it though and then call plays where the defense is aligned to where he can get 1 on 1 matchups in space. DeBeese does neither of those things and hasn’t since the day he stepped on campus.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    im assuming the tighter splits help with the angle to the perimeter it’s a little tougher from the gun.
    It's probably more to help us get space out there because he's admitted it runs a bit more lateral. The flex was still attacking vertical even on the alley, it didn't stretch out as much as we do currently.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Better O Line play = no more stagnant or "disjointed" offense. Our issues are not about scheme or play calling. It's about 11 man execution.

This is a total system failure right now so I’m not about to bury my head in the sand and say we don’t have execution problems. We most certainly do. But we without a doubt have scheme and play calling problems as well.

Better OL play would without a doubt help but better OL play isn’t the fix all to our problems because it’s just one of many that we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Opening drive vs South Alabama

Play 1 - Dive to Wright, Werts should have kept
    Play 2 - Triple option, Laroche fumbles the pitch. Lost yards
    Play 3 - 4 wide, draw defense offsides and Werts rolls right and throws ball out of bounds. Wasted play
    Play 4 - Give to WK3, gains about 6 but still short of 1st down.
    Play 5 - Punt.

First drive Saturday vs ULL

Play 1 - dive to Wright gains 6
    Play 2 - triple option pitch to laroche
    Play 3 - (motion) dive to Logan Wright (first down!)
    Wow, first 3-4 snaps in our two conference games are comically too repetitive. Note, IIRC we needed 1 yard for the 1st down against ULL and Wright got exactly 1 yard (fortunate not to be 3 and out).

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, first 3-4 snaps in our two conference games are comically too repetitive. Note, IIRC we needed 1 yard for the 1st down against ULL and Wright got exactly 1 yard (fortunate not to be 3 and out).
    Are you really complaining that we called a triple option play? Isn’t that the play that everyone clamors for us to run, then when we run it we’re too repetitive? Lol these fans.

6. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Are you really complaining that we called a triple option play? Isn’t that the play that everyone clamors for us to run, then when we run it we’re too repetitive? Lol these fans.
    No, I am not complaining that we ran a triple option play.

No, I am not complaint that we ran a triple option play.
    Then what is your complaint?

8. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Then what is your complaint?
    The monotony of the scripted first drives. IIRC, Minnesota started on the exact same script as ULL, too (Wright Dive, TO, Dive), and that was after a 10-15 yard penalty on the 1st play.

The monotony of the scripted first drives. IIRC, Minnesota started on the exact same script as ULL, too (Wright Dive, TO, Dive).
    The first play that was blown dead because of a false start actually looked to be Load PA which we've burned people on quite a few times. Would have been a great opening play. However on first and 15, you're in a more obvious passing situation so it's not as smart of a call then.

10. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

I don’t get the obsession over WK3. The guy is extremely fast and shifty but he is not the type of guy to lineup in the backfield and handle 20+ touches a game or run in between the tackles. I do agree he needs to have designed plays to get him in space in 1 on 1 situations but if anyone is getting 20+ touches it needs to be JD King.