TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

1. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    I seem to recall in 2014 and 2015 that we periodically varied our pace of play from up tempo to slo motion by getting to the line and making the defense stay in position pre-snap for what seemed like an eternity. It seemed to keep the opponents’ defense off balance. Right now we seem to be the ones that are off balance.

That was truly a thing of beauty.

Ellison was particularly good at it.

Some true masters like Monet worked in oils and pastels, but Eliison worked in option. He had such a talent for running that system.

Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    We didn't run the offense you're referring to in 2014, 2015, or 2018 and did just fine those years.

What about Georgia Tech who did run said offense? PJ only posted an 82-59 record using it, that included only two double digit win seasons in 11 years there?
    Your a great guy KD, but the PJ style spread triple is far superior than the shotgun option for running the triple option and with the right QB & true passing attack of 120 yards per game. Look at PJs total record starting as OC at GSC in 85 and then move through it. No matter the Flex triple option or Shotgun Option you have to have the right staff and players to make it work & that includes a B or B+ defense. If you go back and look at all the GT games , how many times did the GT defense give away the games.

GSC/GSU had some good defensives back in the day. They were like ball & chain defenses. The other team would drag our defense down the field, but we would hold them off.

GSC/GSU won games by outscoring their opponents & many times the corrections were made in the 2nd quarter.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Your a great guy KD, but the PJ style spread triple is far superior than the shotgun option for running the triple option and with the right QB & true passing attack of 120 yards per game. Look at PJs total record starting as OC at GSC in 85 and then move through it. No matter the Flex triple option or Shotgun Option you have to have the right staff and players to make it work & that includes a B or B+ defense. If you go back and look at all the GT games , how many times did the GT defense give away the games.

GSC/GSU had some good defensives back in the day. They were like ball & chain defenses. The other team would drag our defense down the field, but we would hold them off.

GSC/GSU won games by outscoring their opponents & many times the corrections were made in the 2nd quarter.
    Still doesn't answer my question though which is why do we have to run a TO offense at all? There's plenty of other very successful G5 teams who don't, hell one's even our biggest rival and is ranked in the top 25 for the 2nd year in a row.

Still doesn't answer my question though which is why do we have to run a TO offense at all? There's plenty of other very successful G5 teams who don't, hell one's even our biggest rival and is ranked in the top 25 for the 2nd year in a row.

"Still doesn't answer my question though which is why do we have to run a TO offense at all?" You can also ask why run any poorly run offense of any type. You end up with the same results.

The Triple Option is the most effective ground attack ever developed.

Another totally different offensive attack could work at GSU if you had the right HC, staff and players. How long will GSU fans and alum wait for a winning GSU team to surface?

Look at HC Frost after he left UCF & went to Nebraska. I think he could make it at NB but does he have the time?

The Flex Option worked over and over again at GSC/GSU, Navy and Army.
    I'm sure most GSU fans would like to go back & pick up the Goiter or bubble screen offense.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Because of our stubborn fan base. Listen I am not hating on it, and the 6 flags are proof it worked with the right coaches. It was unique and gave us a huge advantage, especially in the playoffs. Yes I know FL, Bama, etc. I'd say Appy does very well running the same offense everyone runs, recruiting the same players every does. I guess it's not that hard is it?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Because of our stubborn fan base. Listen I am not hating on it, and the 6 flags are proof it worked with the right coaches. It was unique and gave us a huge advantage, especially in the playoffs. Yes I know FL, Bama, etc. I'd say Appy does very well running the same offense everyone runs, recruiting the same players every does. I guess it's not that hard is it?
    They have an AD who probably doesn’t consult a magic 8 ball to make his hiring decisions.

7. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That was truly a thing of beauty.

Ellison was particularly good at it.

Some true masters like Monet worked in oils and pastels, but Eliison worked in option. He had such a talent for running that system.
    Just watched a highlight video from 2015... to say I miss those days is an understatement

Still doesn't answer my question though which is why do we have to run a TO offense at all?
    Because it’s God’s offense.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

9. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Because it’s God’s offense.
    And don’t ever forget it!

10. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    Just watched a highlight video from 2015... to say I miss those days is an understatement
    It was sublime.

Ellison was probably the best overall option QB I’ve ever seen. It was like he was inside the defense’s heads with some kind of wiretap. He literally knew what they were going to do before they did.

It’s a shame his throwing suffered after that injury.