TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries

1. Default Injuries

Per the Big Guy Brinson is day to day with a leg injury and Logan Wright out 4-6 weeks with neck injury

Default Re: Injuries

Yea, tough for Logan Wright to get banged up like that. Looks like it will be King and WK3 with most of the carries, at least I hope. Speedy just doesn’t find the hole and his blocking is suspect at best. Then he doesn’t have the burst that WK has. Maybe there is another in the wing that we don’t know about. I was thinking last night that we don’t have the speed and playmakers that we used to have. I would love to see us up tempo a little. Get those OL moving between plays. It looks like a lumber party. Fritz used to have those guys racing to the line of scrimmage and sometimes would quick snap out of that. Now, I wonder if they will get there sometimes. Oh well, maybe it’s coming. #GATA

Pretty sure it was speedy that laid down a block for a touchdown or big run to the goal line.

4. Default Re: Injuries

Will we finally see the Cunningham kid that everyone was excited about?

And maybe Cross or Birdsong at corner?

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Pretty sure it was speedy that laid down a block for a touchdown or big run to the goal line.
    Speedy looks like our best perimeter blocker by far.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2k13 View Post
    Will we finally see the Cunningham kid that everyone was excited about?

And maybe Cross or Birdsong at corner?

Who knows? We went with a three-man rotation while Kennedy was out. Of course, right now we probably do need another big back to absorb some of the between-the-tackles carries. I haven’t seen any evidence that Cunningham is in a position to give us meaningful reps at the moment, though.

We might see Cross or Birdsong at CB, but Liptrot appears to be the next man up. He’s been rotating heavily at CB since the middle of last season.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

7. Default Re: Injuries

Jakob Cooper done for the year, another hit for the offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Jakob Cooper done for the year, another hit for the offensive line.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that means we only have 1 offensive lineman starting that was a starter last season.

9. Default Re: Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that means we only have 1 offensive lineman starting that was a starter last season.
    Depends on how you look at it. At different points Dowdell and L. Edwards were starters. Jake Edwards played a good bit and may have started once too.

But as far as a every game starter i tend to think you're right with that 1 being Dowdell.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. At different points Dowdell and L. Edwards were starters. Jake Edwards played a good bit and may have started once too.

But as far as a every game starter i tend to think you're right with that 1 being Dowdell.
    Plus, Drew Wilson started half of 2016 and all of 2017, if that means anything. Caleb Kelly started multiple games in 2017. Jake Edwards started multiple games in 2017 as well last year's bowl game.

That doesn't mean we're fine without Cooper, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!