TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

1. Default IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

Is it remotely possible that we get to six wins only to be shut out of a bowl game because of "signature wins" over P5 opponents by other teams in the conference who also have gotten to six wins?

Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yep.

(except for the 6 wins part. I really don’t see us hitting that number unless we get a miracle.)
    AGREE!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Yeah itís possible. Itís also possible we win out and go 9-3. Itís also possible we lose out and go 2-10.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yep.

(except for the 6 wins part. I really donít see us hitting that number unless we get a miracle.)
    If we hit 6 wins the turnaround would be more impressive than last year. Going bowling is not realistic but 5 wins would be an outstanding turnaround.

5. Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

Ticket sales are what drive bowl selections at our level and Georgia Southern has a pretty good track record so far with post season ticket sales.

Of course it’s remotely possible.

Why worry about it now, though?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

7. Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

If Georgia Southern wins 6 games, we'll be in a bowl every year. We sell tickets. There's nothing else beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Ticket sales are what drive bowl selections at our level and Georgia Southern has a pretty good track record so far with post season ticket sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    If Georgia Southern wins 6 games, we'll be in a bowl every year. We sell tickets. There's nothing else beyond that.
    All of this.

Ticket sales and money injected into the local economy is the only thing that matters for the SBC tie ins.

We have a good track record of that.

If we were to get off to a hot start and then have a late-season collapse and finish 6-6, I could see our bowl ticket sales taking a dip to the point we sit at home.

But obviously that's not going to come into play this season. Win 6 and we'll get the bid
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If we only get 6 wins, I think we get left out simply because there will be too many other team eligible with not enough spots. Last year there were 6 SBC teams with 6 or more wins. If there are only 4 teams with 6 wins, there is something else wrong with our conference. Right now App and ULL have 4 wins each. State, Coastal, and GState have 3 each. Pretty good chance those 5 all get to 6 before we do... at least 4 of those 5 will. I will say, I'd like to have 6 before we play GState.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.