TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm going to completely disagree here.

Compare our yards per play on offense and defense. Compare passing efficiency and explosiveness metrics. All of those stats have zilch to do with turnovers.
    Correct. We have regressed in more than just turnovers.

The turnover argument held water assuming that everything else stayed pretty similar, but that's not the case.

2. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Correct. We have regressed in more than just turnovers.

The turnover argument held water assuming that everything else stayed pretty similar, but that's not the case.
    +1

Compare our yards per play on offense and defense. Compare passing efficiency and explosiveness metrics. All of those stats have zilch to do with turnovers.
    PLEASE.

Please.

please.

Fix your signature.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    PLEASE.

Please.

please.

Fix your signature.
    Why does he have a question mark after Pinker’s name?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

5. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Oh i am honest with what i see. This post proves your football IQ is 0. Here is the truth. This team is just as good as last year. We had a ridiculous turnover margin that gave us more opportunities to score. The offensive line couldn't block last season and it hasn't changed or got better due to personnel issues. Our safety's are not playing very well therefore putting more pressure on vildor, brinson and the pass rush. Not having WK3 the first 4 games hurt badly as he is a game changer. Shai getting hurt vs LSU hurt us tremendously as well. He's a captain and this offense will only go as far as the QB can take us. We have the talent everywhere except offensive line. The safety issue should get better as the young ones learn the defense and the speed of the game. Rutledge plays the run well but looks clueless in pass coverage. The three teams we have lost to are a combined 14-1.

By all means everyone can pick it apart but I've watched every game multiple times at this point. JCOUNTRY read this and go back watch the games and you may be enlightened. Hahahaha
    Just curious.

What were you drinking when you watched?

I think this is a season that we won't know what kind of team we have until the season is over. We knew we had a difficult schedule ahead, what we didn't know was how really good the teams on our schedule would be. I knew LSU would be good -- but not #1 good. I knew Minnesota would be good... but not as good as they turned out to be (we still could've beaten them). Louisiana - #1 or #2 team in the Sunbelt and beyond. In these games (except LSU) we were in there. Now add to that Shai and Kennedy just started their season in game 4... well each game reveals something else. In fact, I think we have two teams - the Tomlin team and the Shai team. Team Tomlin was evolving and had a head start, Team Shai is a couple of games behind (and maybe contributed to conservative play). LSU was a costly game for the season.

Meanwhile we didn't know how good our division would be - Coastal, Gag State, App State -- all are playing above pre-season evaluations.

So, let's take it one game at a time and see how the coaches handle adversity... it is in their hands.
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Why does he have a question mark after Pinker’s name?
    I don't know who said it for sure.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    I think this is a season that we won't know what kind of team we have until the season is over. We knew we had a difficult schedule ahead, what we didn't know was how really good the teams on our schedule would be. I knew LSU would be good -- but not #1 good. I knew Minnesota would be good... but not as good as they turned out to be (we still could've beaten them). Louisiana - #1 or #2 team in the Sunbelt and beyond. In these games (except LSU) we were in there. Now add to that Shai and Kennedy just started their season in game 4... well each game reveals something else. In fact, I think we have two teams - the Tomlin team and the Shai team. Team Tomlin was evolving and had a head start, Team Shai is a couple of games behind (and maybe contributed to conservative play). LSU was a costly game for the season.

Meanwhile we didn't know how good our division would be - Coastal, Gag State, App State -- all are playing above pre-season evaluations.

So, let's take it one game at a time and see how the coaches handle adversity... it is in their hands.

Logic and thoughtfulness? Eaglebilly, there's no place for that here!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post

+1

10. Default Re: Can we get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility?

And again you fail to read everything. All of that you just listed is due to our offensive line. Also, look at the schedule. 14-1 combined record of teams we've lost to. Last year that wasn't the case. Scsu=terrible, umass=terrible. We've played two games where we truly had a talent advantage. Defense yards per play is skewed due to the LSU game. We've had two QB'S playing one who is a freshman and has taken the majority of the snaps.