TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    FWIW .. we're a 11-5 point favorite on the road at USA.
    Interesting...it opened at 13.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I'm not the OC, I'm just making my suggestion on a message board. We all know what the opening offensive series will look like Thursday.
    Strangely enough, we scored points on our opening drive against ULL.

3. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

I think we should open the game this thursday with the same formations and playcalls we ended against Louisiana. Run hurry up, pass the ball every down. If we go 3 and out, so be it. We go 3 and out a lot of times anyway, but at least this way we can confuse the defense some and possibly get them to back out of the box some on the second series.
    I think that would work beautifully.

No one would expect it.....

But we all know DeBeese isn’t that brave or creative.

We will do the same exact two or three dive series we always do-and yet another 3 & out. USA will stack us to kingdom come and we won’t take advantage and burn them-even though they beg us to.

All this talk of opening the playbook... I think we’ve seen it all. We got nothing at all tricky. Or at least we sure don’t use it. (The series you referred to worked so nice... until the playcalls went all conservative again.)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Strangely enough, we scored points on our opening drive against ULL.
    We did. We actually tried to mix it up a bit with the end around and the 4 wide stacked receiver sets. If not for the horse-collar we would have punted though.

We did. We actually tried to mix it up a bit with the end around and the 4 wide stacked receiver sets. If not for the horse-collar we would have punted though.
    I don’t think the defender could have made that tackle on Shai without the horse collar.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I don’t think the defender could have made that tackle on Shai without the horse collar.
    He wouldn't have...that was a last gasp type of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    If we hope to make a bowl we can t drop to 1-4. Trying to be an optimist if Louisiana beats App next Wed which is entirely possible every East team will have a loss. There would be hope!
    Heck at 1 -3 every game is a must win unless a 6-6 can get us into the toilet Boal sponsored by Sani flush $50,000 a teem less expenses..
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

8. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    +1

That was the only tackle that defender had and Shai had more green ahead of him.

However, IIRC we came inches away from another opening drive 3 and out, Wright barely got that first 1st down.

So we've lost to a play-off probable LSU team, barely lost to Minnesota because we decided to play prevent defense, and lost to a really good Louisiana team. Ya'll are crazy to think that we'll lose to USA and that our season is over already after going 1-3. Did ya'll think we would realistically be 4-0 by this point?? Quite frankly it's an insult to me to say we have a "bad team". There's a ton of football left to play.

10. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    So we've lost to a play-off probable LSU team, barely lost to Minnesota because we decided to play prevent defense, and lost to a really good Louisiana team. Ya'll are crazy to think that we'll lose to USA and that our season is over already after going 1-3. Did ya'll think we would realistically be 4-0 by this point?? Quite frankly it's an insult to me to say we have a "bad team". There's a ton of football left to play.
    Donít forget the FCS team we barely beat at home. Ugh, itís not the record! Even TS started 3-0, itís how we are playing.