TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama is an absolute must win

1. Default South Alabama is an absolute must win

If we hope to make a bowl we can t drop to 1-4. Trying to be an optimist if Louisiana beats App next Wed which is entirely possible every East team will have a loss. There would be hope!

2. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

wow...we are DEAD LAST in total offense and only Army has fewer pass yards than us. I knew we were bad but jeez. Something needs to change pdq.

Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    wow...we are DEAD LAST in total offense and only Army has fewer pass yards than us. I knew we were bad but jeez. Something needs to change pdq.
    Go back and watch those “Southern Speed” highlights from 2014 and it makes our current offense look even worse, bc it was only a few years ago we were hitting enormous runs to break open games...now we are lucky to manufacture one of those sorts of dynamic plays. The regression of our offense is truly disappointing but if there ever was a team for us to play to break out of a slump it would be USA. Huge game for this team and I hope we can right the ship Thursday night!

4. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    If we hope to make a bowl we can t drop to 1-4. Trying to be an optimist if Louisiana beats App next Wed which is entirely possible every East team will have a loss. There would be hope!
    If we don't absolutely dominate USA, we are done. This season would be a total write off.

ULL was a very good team. USA is not. If we have troubles with them, we are in for a serious TS-level flaming dumpster season.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Go back and watch those “Southern Speed” highlights from 2014 and it makes our current offense look even worse, bc it was only a few years ago we were hitting enormous runs to break open games...now we are lucky to manufacture one of those sorts of dynamic plays. The regression of our offense is truly disappointing but if there ever was a team for us to play to break out of a slump it would be USA. Huge game for this team and I hope we can right the ship Thursday night!
    You should see the clips of UNM in 2016. They had some serious south(west)ern speed.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    If we don't absolutely dominate USA, we are done. This season would be a total write off.

ULL was a very good team. USA is not. If we have troubles with them, we are in for a serious TS-level flaming dumpster season.
    Even TS rolled USA.

That said, we’re currently 5-0 against them. That means they’re due to kick our tail-feathers.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

7. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Blocking - problems continue and any improvement comes to late in each game

Speed - we don’t have enough to make any option work - between the tackle we have what it takes

Defense - our offense puts too much stress on them especially when they are not playing at the advertised level of play

Dead last in scoring n the conference when you back out special team scores.

Special teams - #2 in the country keep doing what you do please

We need more offense like the first half of MN game which would break open our run game sooner in the ball game maybe.

Hopefully our coaches will get back to blue collar this week and our players will be ready to GATA and get back to winning.

Let’s roll USA.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Even TS rolled USA.

That said, we’re currently 5-0 against them. That means they’re due to kick our tail-feathers.
    I think USA has scored 84 points, we've scored 85.

9. Default Re: South Alabama is an absolute must win

Battle of both really bad teams..even if we get a W I’m still nervous for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    How many 40-50+ yard runs did we have against Maine? Our other three games have been against an SEC team, a Big10 team, and the team that was in our conference championship game last year. I'm not saying "we're fine", I'm simply saying we are not as bad as everyone is making us out to be. The USA game will go a long way to telling us how much of the sky is falling.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive