TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Changes to gameday announced

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,025

    Default Changes to gameday announced

    https://gseagles.com/news/2019/9/24/...-released.aspx

    Good job on the department making steps to improve some of the major issues from Game 1.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,415

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    So pretty much the major complainants were taken care of, good to hear!!
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So pretty much the major complainants were taken care of, good to hear!!
    Hopefully..
    One of the biggest things would be making sure security is aware of all of this as well. That seemed to be where some of the break down was last game

  4. #4

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So pretty much the major complainants were taken care of, good to hear!!
    Hear? Hear what? My ears are still ringing from the sound system. Maybe that's on the agenda for the next home game.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro, GA
    Posts
    3,089

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    If we could only get the beer out of the seating area to cut down on over consumption. Most people are responsible, but a few are up and down so much they should just stay in line.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Don't know if the change to the wrist band policy is going to be enough. I got there 20 minutes before kickoff at Maine and still wasn't seated until the team entrances and when I got my wrist band the line was stretched across several sections.

    I don't really know what the policy is for in the first place. Why can't people just use our tickets to get into the club levels?
    Last edited by BillyBob; 24th September 2019 at 02:19 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Don't know if the change to the wrist band policy is going to be enough. I got there 20 minutes before kickoff at Maine and still wasn't seated until the team entrances and when I got my wrist band the line was stretched across several sections.

    I don't really know what the policy is for in the first place. Why can't people just use our tickets to get into the club levels?
    I hardly saw anyone utilizing the tent outside the stadium last game, but I also didn't know what it was for. Hopefully people will take advantage of those before going in, which should help tremendously.


    The reasoning behind the extra bands is to try to cut down on people entering the sections who aren't supposed to be there. I guess some were handing off tickets or finding ways to sneak in. Not really fair to the folks who pay big money to sit there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,415

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Don't know if the change to the wrist band policy is going to be enough. I got there 20 minutes before kickoff at Maine and still wasn't seated until the team entrances and when I got my wrist band the line was stretched across several sections.

    I don't really know what the policy is for in the first place. Why can't people just use our tickets to get into the club levels?
    Because not everyone plays by the rules. Apparently lots of people made it into that section every week without a ticket or was handed a ticket by a friend through the fencing. Or someone took 3 tickets from people inside and grabbed 3 extra friends to let them in. Or students just straight up walked in. It is too bad we weren't able to build a stairway/handicap ramp to that level. That way the entrance way could be guarded and secured. At Tech once you enter the suite area, in order to prevent pass backs, they punch your ticket, I want to say you also get a wristband.

    Didn't they send wristbands with the tickets one season? Then again the issue with that is who is checking ids?
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 24th September 2019 at 03:02 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  9. #9

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    I've been in the beer garden since 2014, and the Maine game was the first time I remember seeing zero or very few kids that were questionably old enough to buy beer in there, or younger. I've had to play mean old man a few times and snitch on some kids that shouldn't be in there. No wrist band, no ticket, and they're in there still getting served. I hate to be that guy, but those who purchase those seats spend a good bit of money not to be surrounded by kids with girlfriend and drinking problems.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,424

    Default Re: Changes to gameday announced

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Because not everyone plays by the rules. Apparently lots of people made it into that section every week without a ticket or was handed a ticket by a friend through the fencing. Or someone took 3 tickets from people inside and grabbed 3 extra friends to let them in. Or students just straight up walked in. It is too bad we weren't able to build a stairway/handicap ramp to that level. That way the entrance way could be guarded and secured. At Tech once you enter the suite area, in order to prevent pass backs, they punch your ticket, I want to say you also get a wristband.

    Didn't they send wristbands with the tickets one season? Then again the issue with that is who is checking ids?
    Once you're in the section, it's easy to hand a friend your ticket as they walk along the concourse in front of the section and then have them come around back and get in on your ticket. Then multiple people are in and drinking free beer all game long on one ticket. I assume this was happening a lot and this is to hopefully curtail that. They need to mail the writs bands to get into the section out with the tickets and then find a way to mark the ones that are of age each game like they have done in the past for those that want to drink.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Similar Threads

  1. When will the playoff brackets be announced?
    By UNCheer08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th November 2012, 02:26 PM
  2. Announced attendance
    By gsueagle02 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11th October 2011, 07:28 AM
  3. New coach will be announced
    By oldfart in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 26th November 2009, 09:13 AM
  4. 2nd Presidential Candidate Announced
    By eagleowl in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 15th September 2009, 10:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •