TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydration Stations?

1. Default Hydration Stations?

In the interest of maintaining continued marital bliss, I attended a game at Bad Guys Stadium to our northwest a couple weeks ago...

Bad Guys actually had a good idea:

A few large (probably 150 gallon) tanks with about 12 spigots. These things were full of wonderful ice water. A very good idea for a hot day in steaming Bad Guy Stadium.

The tanks looked like something rented. Canít imagine they could have cost more than a couple hundred smackers.

I wonder if anyone has looked into nice free ice water stations for our upcoming game in record heat.... (itís gonna be every bit as rough as first week.)

Might be a nice way of compensating for our perennially sad vending situation. I donít think very many people enjoy missing half the game in line for a drink.

(I know, 12 people will be right along to make 3rd grader cracks about water fountains, but I can vouch firsthand for the VAST difference between a sad 37 year old water fountain puking out tepid water and the nice ice water stations.)

Default Re: Hydration Stations?

Another good idea would be to have several vending machines or several beverage-only stations with cold beverages. Unfortunately, your bottlecap has to be removed. Apparently a drink with a cap on it all but guarantees that chaos will ensue... SMH

3. Default Re: Hydration Stations?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Another good idea would be to have several vending machines or several beverage-only stations with cold beverages. Unfortunately, your bottlecap has to be removed. Apparently a drink with a cap on it all but guarantees that chaos will ensue... SMH
    That would be a great idea as well.....

Something needs to be done about vending. 30-45 min waits are simply unacceptable. Games don't last all night.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That would be a great idea as well.....

Something needs to be done about vending. 30-45 min waits are simply unacceptable. Games don't last all night.
    I've yet to have a 30-45 min wait in Paulson. Ever.

I also avoid the concessions at halftime. You're asking for a long wait if you go when the crowd goes.

Yes it could be faster, but you have to be smart about when you go as well.

That said, I don't have an issue with water stations situated around the stadium. I think that's a good idea. Way more important to make sure people have easy access to water. It could be argued that if you have a stadium cup, it reduces potential revenue for refills, but I don't think it really holds any weight.

Do we have vendors walking around that sell cold drinks?

6. Default Re: Hydration Stations?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I've yet to have a 30-45 min wait in Paulson. Ever.
    Do you go last time? (On The Home side?)

My shortest wait was 30 mins.

I didnít think it could get worse. I was wrong

7. Default Re: Hydration Stations?

Not that I noticed.

I waited 0 seconds at the home opener for a water. While others waited in line 20 minutes I was in my seat watching Freedom fly. Not to mention a second option was the food truck with no line.

I think another idea is allowing empty water bottles like they do at TSA at the airports. Fill up after you get in at the water fountains. We are supposed to be a green campus.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We had vendors in the deck. And they had card readers too, not just cash.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Do you go last time? (On The Home side?)

My shortest wait was 30 mins.

I didn’t think it could get worse. I was wrong
    Yep I went during pregame. Bought a couple of drinks and probably took 5 minutes.

Would have went faster but the 1 guy in line ahead of me bought 4 Stadium cups and the one person doing drinks at that station had to do them one at a time.