TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

I can't believe I'm doing this, but my best friend and business partner asked me to go and I agreed. He's been to many GS games and our program bought a lot of GS season tickets. I even agreed to wear a black T-shirt with a Green Bay 'G' on it which will be donated to someone else.
    It'll be fun to go and enjoy the hyped up atmosphere without really caring who wins. As a Catholic, I grew up liking Notre Dame, buy the school and South Bend look more like Berkeley - as do most campuses. Remember when Berkeley was the exception?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I can't believe I'm doing this, but my best friend and business partner asked me to go and I agreed. He's been to many GS games and our program bought a lot of GS season tickets. I even agreed to wear a black T-shirt with a Green Bay 'G' on it which will be donated to someone else.
    It'll be fun to go and enjoy the hyped up atmosphere without really caring who wins. As a Catholic, I grew up liking Notre Dame, buy the school and South Bend look more like Berkeley - as do most campuses. Remember when Berkeley was the exception?
    An unpopular opinion on here, but I see nothing wrong with that. We are not playing and it's an opportunity to go watch two top ten teams play in prime time. Also, I know a lot of Georgia fans that root for Georgia Southern. Your friend is probably one of those. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    100% guarantee that doesn't happen.
    How so?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

4. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    An unpopular opinion on here, but I see nothing wrong with that. We are not playing and it's an opportunity to go watch two top ten teams play in prime time. Also, I know a lot of Georgia fans that root for Georgia Southern. Your friend is probably one of those. Good for you.
    Itís disgusting. Itís one thing to attend the game itself in neutral or home team colors but IMO itís an entirely different thing to attend the College Gameday national TV taping (like 10 hours before kickoff) in UGA colors aíla Luke Bryan. Smh.

5. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    It’s disgusting. It’s one thing to attend the game itself in neutral or home team colors but IMO it’s an entirely different thing to attend the College Gameday national TV taping (like 10 hours before kickoff) in UGA colors a’la Luke Bryan. Smh.
    I never want to be compared with Luke.

What a straight up putz. If he loved that place so much, he should have applied... (But I guess Athens isn't really known so much for its country music scene.)

Gotta love how he trolls us on social media too. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Looking like Berkeley is a glowing endorsement in comparison to looking like Liberty.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

7. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Looking like Berkeley is a glowing endorsement in comparison to looking like Liberty.
    OK....

Roll with that. I’ll just have to go ahead and say we have different tastes in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    How so?
    For starters, they don't care enough to bark trash at people wearing GS. Not enough for it to matter.

GS fans have to get over the "little brother" mentality and move on. There are lots of great stadiums and campuses to visit. We (as a fan base) bring 99.9% of the crap we get on ourselves with our behavior and lack of respect for other schools. It's sad and it needs to change. You can be a fan of GS and not be disrespectful towards other schools.

Look, I'm not a fan of Athens. But it has zero to do with their fans or the school itself.

9. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Their expecting 90,000 people outside of Athens to show up with no tickets. Should be quite a scene. College football at its best.

10. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    For starters, they don't care enough to bark trash at people wearing GS. Not enough for it to matter.

GS fans have to get over the "little brother" mentality and move on. There are lots of great stadiums and campuses to visit. We (as a fan base) bring 99.9% of the crap we get on ourselves with our behavior and lack of respect for other schools. It's sad and it needs to change. You can be a fan of GS and not be disrespectful towards other schools.

Look, I'm not a fan of Athens. But it has zero to do with their fans or the school itself.
    I AGREE with much of what you say there. Personally, I don't own or wear red clothing.