TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     

View Poll Results: Predict our 2019 conference record.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8-0

    5 7.58%
  • 7-1

    10 15.15%
  • 6-2

    25 37.88%
  • 5-3

    11 16.67%
  • 4-4

    13 19.70%
  • 3-5

    1 1.52%
  • 2-6

    1 1.52%
  • 1-7

    0 0%
  • 0-8

    0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,940

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    If we simply would change plays based on how the defense is lining up, we might actually be able to get first downs.
    I would be ok for now with not huddling and keeping the same personnel on the field for more than one play to put more leverage on the defense. We can still run the play clock down and snap with 2 secs....but keep the defense from regrouping.

    And then you have the option to line up quick and snap if they try to sub thinking we're just running the clock down.


  2. #112

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I would be ok for now with not huddling and keeping the same personnel on the field for more than one play to put more leverage on the defense. We can still run the play clock down and snap with 2 secs....but keep the defense from regrouping.

    And then you have the option to line up quick and snap if they try to sub thinking we're just running the clock down.
    That’s what made Kevin Ellison and Doug Reuse such a dangerous combination. Ellison never got enough credit for his ability to see the field. They would rush to the line and scan the defense and Ellison would look to the sideline for the play or just make the audible himself. I do wish we would see more of that.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,940

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    That’s what made Kevin Ellison and Doug Reuse such a dangerous combination. Ellison never got enough credit for his ability to see the field. They would rush to the line and scan the defense and Ellison would look to the sideline for the play or just make the audible himself. I do wish we would see more of that.
    I don't really think Ellison made a lot of audibles. We were looking back to the sidelines quite a bit. He may have, but I think the majority of what happened came from Ruse.

    I also think there's something to everyone looking over and getting the play so there's no confusion.


  4. #114

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I don't really think Ellison made a lot of audibles. We were looking back to the sidelines quite a bit. He may have, but I think the majority of what happened came from Ruse.

    I also think there's something to everyone looking over and getting the play so there's no confusion.
    Especially when you consider that option plays mean that many of the adjustments and “accounting for numbers” can come post-snap.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  5. #115

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Absolutely - Doug Ruse called 99% of the audibles, but he always TRIED to get us into a play that made sense given the defensive structure. We literally NEVER do this anymore...I've seen a total of maybe two audibles called over the last 2 years...and BOTH times it was just the QB flipping the direction of the play.

    I just don't see how this is possible in modern football. We need to be able to get out of a bad play.

    The "check with me" offense where all the skill guys look to the sideline is the same thing as calling audibles to me. You want to see how the defense lines up and then try to get into a play that will take advantage of the look. Naturally, teams will try to disguise and play games, but it's still worthwhile.

  6. #116

    Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

    Not to open up a flexion discussion but one good aspect oof PJ's offense is the ability of the QB to see how the defense lines up and then flip the play if needed.

Similar Threads

  1. Predict our 2018 baseball record
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th January 2018, 09:46 AM
  2. Predict the W/L record for baseball in 2010
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd December 2009, 05:29 PM
  3. Predict the 2009 Season Record
    By Joseph in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 08:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •