Coastal Carolina (-17) @ UMass 1:00 PM on TVNA

Louisiana @ Ohio (-3.5) 2:00 PM on ESPN+

Troy (-17) @ Akron 3:00 PM on ESPN+

Appalachian State @ UNC (-3) at 3:30 PM on ACCN

South Alabama @ UAB (-10) at 3:30 PM on NFLN

Southern Illinois @ Arkansas State (-21.5) at 7:00 PM on ESPN3

Georgia State @ Texas State (-3) at 7:00 PM on ESPN+

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Really don't want there to be a reason for the perception of App State among your average college football fan to be any higher than it already is. I hope the Tar Heels slam them.

I don’t know that a fourth game of the season could ever be as important for the morale of a program as this one is for Georgia State. To go from beating Tennessee to getting just destroyed like they did on Saturday is tough. If they lose to a bad Texas State team I think any momentum they had in building a fan base takes a pretty big hit.

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Really don't want there to be a reason for the perception of App State among your average college football fan to be any higher than it already is. I hope the Tar Heels slam them.
    Typically, I always pull for the SB program (in fact, G5 in general) to win these, but in this case we agree. It’s personal, now. Go ‘heels!

5. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Typically, I always pull for the SB program (in fact, G5 in general) to win these, but in this case we agree. It’s personal, now. Go ‘heels!
    Yep.

Screw App!

Almost as much as Screw Gag!

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I don’t know that a fourth game of the season could ever be as important for the morale of a program as this one is for Georgia State. To go from beating Tennessee to getting just destroyed like they did on Saturday is tough. If they lose to a bad Texas State team I think any momentum they had in building a fan base takes a pretty big hit.
    WMU was 7-6 last year so it's not like they got beat by a good team. WMU's other win was over FCS Monmouth out of the Big South. They got destroyed by a P5. Let's be honest, they just got really really lucky and played an awful Tennessee team. Who handily beat a FCS team at home for their only win in this early season.

I know who I am rooting for, go Bobcats. To heck with the fake GSU.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Iowa State will take out their frustration on ULM. They had a rough time Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    WMU was 7-6 last year so it's not like they got beat by a good team. WMU's other win was over FCS Monmouth out of the Big South. They got destroyed by a P5. Let's be honest, they just got really really lucky and played an awful Tennessee team. Who handily beat a FCS team at home for their only win in this early season.

I know who I am rooting for, go Bobcats. To heck with the fake GSU.
    I think you missed my point. They had a really good crowd at the Furman game after the Tennessee win. They almost lost to Furman and then got destroyed by WMU. I’m saying the reverse in momentum for them if they lose to a bad Texas State team could be really bad for an already struggling program.

If it was the Tar Heels of last year then you probably could put down a W for App. We will see how good App is this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think you missed my point. They had a really good crowd at the Furman game after the Tennessee win. They almost lost to Furman and then got destroyed by WMU. I’m saying the reverse in momentum for them if they lose to a bad Texas State team could be really bad for an already struggling program.
    You talking about paid or actual attendance? We all know how they give away tickets and count them as tickets sold. Or was the actual attendance actually close to what they claim? They are who they are, a 3-5 win team and the occasional bowl game. Unless they get lucky and find a competent coach.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"