Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

1. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

ULL 31
    GS 13
    18,453 is the attendance

2. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Why are people giving such low projections for attendance? Parents Weekend draws a big crowd. I expect at least 21,000.
    Last years big crowd was 17k for Parents Weekend and we had a winning record.

I hope you’re right, because ULL is probably the best home game on the schedule.

Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    ULL 31
    GS 13
    18,453 is the attendance
    Most of the predictors for the Gophers Game had the Gophers by at least 16.5 points.

Many on this board predicted a big beat down on GSU by the Gophers but the score was Gophers 35 - GSU 32.
    I dont see them beating GSU at home.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Most of the predictors for the Gophers Game had the Gophers by at least 16.5 points.

Many on this board predicted a big beat down on GSU by the Gophers but the score was Gophers 35 - GSU 32.
    I dont see them beating GSU at home.
    The final score does not reflect the game. Minnesota dominated the LOS more than 80% of the day. There were lanes for JT to cut back in that his inexperience missed. Maybe Shai will find those in future games.

2018 saw a 7 win team on paper win 3 extra and I'm proud of the job everyone did. 2019 is a 6-7 win team on paper mostly because of our ineffective OLine recruiting under previous administrations. The offensive schemes and philosophy look good. Now we need to fill the X's and O's with players that execute the plan consistently. I'm looking for improvement as the season progresses and hope to be pleasantly surprised by success. As it is, there's no basis in fact to predict a victory Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    The final score does not reflect the game. Minnesota dominated the LOS more than 80% of the day. There were lanes for JT to cut back in that his inexperience missed. Maybe Shai will find those in future games.

2018 saw a 7 win team on paper win 3 extra and I'm proud of the job everyone did. 2019 is a 6-7 win team on paper mostly because of our ineffective OLine recruiting under previous administrations. The offensive schemes and philosophy look good. Now we need to fill the X's and O's with players that execute the plan consistently. I'm looking for improvement as the season progresses and hope to be pleasantly surprised by success. As it is, there's no basis in fact to predict a victory Saturday.
    GSU vs Gophers scoring by quarter
    Georgia Southern - 10,10, 0 12 , Final 32
    Minnesota- 14, 7, 0, 14 , Final 35

I know GSUs defense kept us in the game, but both the offense and defense did a good job.

Remember at the beginning of the season the Gophers were said to have one of the best offensive and defensive lines in FBS.
    If they were not able to *(take advantage of their superior line size and execute then that’s on their coaches and players.)*

Maybe the Ragin Cadgins are an all-around better team, but they are playing at Paulson. You tell us!
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post

Minnesota had 2.5 yards per rush without the sacks factored in. That's not dominating the LoS. Minnesota also had one-tenth a yard per play more than us for the game. That's not domination.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Minnesota had 2.5 yards per rush without the sacks factored in. That's not dominating the LoS. Minnesota also had one-tenth a yard per play more than us for the game. That's not domination.
    Gophers rushing defense against Fresno State

146 total rushing

52 attempts

2.8 yards per carry.

Fresno State Ranked No. 18 in Final AP Football Poll. And, in fact, Fresno State is the third-highest ranked team west of the Rockies,

Gophers 38 - Fresno 35 and thats against a top 20 FBS team in Fresno

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Ok

When tickets on the home side started selling fast I thought it was going to be a big crowd. The home side should still sell out, but the deck is going to be empty. Hopefully students show up like they did in the opener. If we get that many students with a sold out home side it will be decent. If I was the athletic department I would go full pander mode. I would make tickets in the deck buy one get one free on Tuesday and come up with a few more promotions during the week. Maybe enticing them for this one could help bring them again for another.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

GS opens as a 3.5 point underdog