TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 229

Thread: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

  1. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    I want to puke every time I hear Gag’s stadium referenced in a traffic report.

    Makes people believe they are somehow a legit program.

    I have been to Apple Dumpling Jr High football games with 3x the fans.

    Truly disgusting to see them get away with that crap.

  2. #162

    Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Part of how state fudges numbers is I think they sell a lot of corporate tickets that simply go unused. Plus their students can go online & claim their tickets... obviously they aren't showing up, but it still allows state to count them as 'sold& distributed' vs actual butts in seats

  3. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Part of how state fudges numbers is I think they sell a lot of corporate tickets that simply go unused. Plus their students can go online & claim their tickets... obviously they aren't showing up, but it still allows state to count them as 'sold& distributed' vs actual butts in seats

    I would be more inclined to buy that theory if Gag didn't have such a well-established history of cheating....

    Ever since their team first started playing, they have very consistently lied about their numbers....

    Even back before they had this stadium, they exaggerated to an incredible extent.

    They are just not a 'Do Right' organization. Never have been, never will be.

  4. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Part of how state fudges numbers is I think they sell a lot of corporate tickets that simply go unused. Plus their students can go online & claim their tickets... obviously they aren't showing up, but it still allows state to count them as 'sold& distributed' vs actual butts in seats
    I just laugh at the amount of money that is wasted to keep that program afloat.

  5. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle18 View Post
    I just laugh at the amount of money that is wasted to keep that program afloat.
    The problem is they have it and some to spare. They soak 19M out of their students in fees annually plus get hand outs from all the corporations in Atlanta. It doesn’t matter if they win zero games, they started their football program for one reason: generating cash, and that’s exactly what they’re doing. According to USAToday, they had a surplus of about 7 Million dollars in revenue for 17-18. I guarantee that money is lining the pockets of some pretty high up people in Atlanta. That’s the whole reason their program was started.

  6. #166

    Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You say that, and yet the vast majority of the media will report attendance numbers like they're gospel. I'd like to think lot of people know to take the numbers with a grain of salt, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you think the AJC (for example) is ever going to question some of State's laughable attendance numbers over the years? They won't and the 28k they had when they played us in 2014 could just be used as supposed proof State has a higher ceiling and could average 30k if they just stopped being awful.
    But anybody that knows anything at all about Georgia State doesn’t think about those attendance numbers. They think about the ten thousands empty seats you see if you see any photos or videos from their games and they typically lose the vast majority of their games.

  7. #167

    Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    But anybody that knows anything at all about Georgia State doesn’t think about those attendance numbers. They think about the ten thousands empty seats you see if you see any photos or videos from their games and they typically lose the vast majority of their games.
    But most people have no clue. Thus, when they see an Atlanta based school reporting 24k, and then a smaller school in south Georgia report 19k, they assume the Atlanta school has better support. Not much more thought is given to it, and those numbers are taken as the gospel.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,995

    Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    But most people have no clue. Thus, when they see an Atlanta based school reporting 24k, and then a smaller school in south Georgia report 19k, they assume the Atlanta school has better support. Not much more thought is given to it, and those numbers are taken as the gospel.
    Agreed. the ones that don't follow or don't dislike Gag St will not have seen any pictures of games or been to any games and will just assume that the attendance is correct.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  9. #169

    Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Agreed. the ones that don't follow or don't dislike Gag St will not have seen any pictures of games or been to any games and will just assume that the attendance is correct.
    People who don't follow or dislike Georgia State aren't checking their attendance. The only reason any of us check Georgia State's attendance is so we can poke fun at them.

  10. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    But most people have no clue. Thus, when they see an Atlanta based school reporting 24k, and then a smaller school in south Georgia report 19k, they assume the Atlanta school has better support. Not much more thought is given to it, and those numbers are taken as the gospel.
    +1

    Yep, perception is reality.

Similar Threads

  1. SC State Game Score and Attendance Prediction Thread
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th August 2018, 07:38 AM
  2. 2014 Idaho Score and Attendance Prediction Thread
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 13th October 2014, 07:47 PM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2nd September 2012, 10:03 PM
  4. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 2nd September 2010, 08:11 PM
  5. Albany Game score/attendance/etc prediction thread
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 7th September 2009, 11:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •