TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Iím all for reporting the real number. I donít care if other schools are fibbing theirs. I donít want to be like Georgia State, Coastal Carolina and Texas State. Reporting the real number wonít change perception. The only people that look at attendance numbers are the fans of that team. People base their attendance perception based on how many people they see in the stands. Nobody is going to be tricked into thinking Georgia State has ever or will ever be on the same level as us attendance wise.
    You say that, and yet the vast majority of the media will report attendance numbers like they're gospel. I'd like to think lot of people know to take the numbers with a grain of salt, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you think the AJC (for example) is ever going to question some of State's laughable attendance numbers over the years? They won't and the 28k they had when they played us in 2014 could just be used as supposed proof State has a higher ceiling and could average 30k if they just stopped being awful.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

How does away team tickets at Paulson work? Iím looking at the the ticket site and Sections H, HH, and II are grayed out. Does ULL purchase those seats from GS and those that arenít sold given back? Just curious and not sure how all that works.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    How does away team tickets at Paulson work? Iím looking at the the ticket site and Sections H, HH, and II are grayed out. Does ULL purchase those seats from GS and those that arenít sold given back? Just curious and not sure how all that works.
    I believe it depends on demand from the team. They have the potential to sell out of all allotted visiting sections if they are going to bring a bigger crowd.

In most cases though visiting teams can return tickets (to some extent, I believe there is a minimum that must be purchased though) that aren't sold or request more if they sell quickly. We have done this for teams before and have done it with our own allotments on the road before as well.

Of course this doesn't really take into account walkups and online single game purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You say that, and yet the vast majority of the media will report attendance numbers like they're gospel. I'd like to think lot of people know to take the numbers with a grain of salt, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do you think the AJC (for example) is ever going to question some of State's laughable attendance numbers over the years? They won't and the 28k they had when they played us in 2014 could just be used as supposed proof State has a higher ceiling and could average 30k if they just stopped being awful.

I think the AJC or some media outlet published #'s comparing "reported" vs "gate" attendance
    it was very telling, especially Re State
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The really amazing thing in all this is that the AJC is still in business.

I have no idea how or why they still exist. They havenít had an objective story printed about anything in 25 years.

I bet they have about the same number of actual subscribers as Gag has fans.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

I want to puke every time I hear Gag’s stadium referenced in a traffic report.

Makes people believe they are somehow a legit program.

I have been to Apple Dumpling Jr High football games with 3x the fans.

Truly disgusting to see them get away with that crap.

Part of how state fudges numbers is I think they sell a lot of corporate tickets that simply go unused. Plus their students can go online & claim their tickets... obviously they aren't showing up, but it still allows state to count them as 'sold& distributed' vs actual butts in seats

8. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Part of how state fudges numbers is I think they sell a lot of corporate tickets that simply go unused. Plus their students can go online & claim their tickets... obviously they aren't showing up, but it still allows state to count them as 'sold& distributed' vs actual butts in seats

I would be more inclined to buy that theory if Gag didn't have such a well-established history of cheating....

Ever since their team first started playing, they have very consistently lied about their numbers....

Even back before they had this stadium, they exaggerated to an incredible extent.

They are just not a 'Do Right' organization. Never have been, never will be.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I just laugh at the amount of money that is wasted to keep that program afloat.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle18 View Post
    I just laugh at the amount of money that is wasted to keep that program afloat.
    The problem is they have it and some to spare. They soak 19M out of their students in fees annually plus get hand outs from all the corporations in Atlanta. It doesnít matter if they win zero games, they started their football program for one reason: generating cash, and thatís exactly what theyíre doing. According to USAToday, they had a surplus of about 7 Million dollars in revenue for 17-18. I guarantee that money is lining the pockets of some pretty high up people in Atlanta. Thatís the whole reason their program was started.