TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 737475

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)

Sad thing is the fact Minn handed us the game and we still lost. We should have sent pressure on third and forever but we didn’t and they capitalized on the big play in final moments when we had them pinned deep in their own territory. This is a gut wrenching loss. Does not need to be spun as a moral victory.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Quin Williams, a 4-star recruit, really looked good with two sacks in limited playing time. He’s 6-3, 250 and I hope we give him a look at weak side DE. He would complement Johnson well and give us a formidable pass rush. Sorry but Travor appears to be a step slow and lacks explosiveness.
    Williams and Ellis looked great out there today. Wade and Johnson had big games too. Good to see CJ Wright getting his name called too.

Duncan (or "Ducan") had some strong moments but he had a few misses as well. I'm not going to name another safety because I won't have anything good to say.

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by gseagle View Post
    tech would have no problem shutting down our offense.
    WTF are you smoking?

Citadel runs a much more basic offense.

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    So that flag and the two substitution penalties are on the coaches. Somebody needs to do updowns come Monday.
    I'm tired of the little softball questions on the coach's show.

I know we are gonna always get the 'glass-half-full' view and all, but I sure would like to get those substitutions explained.... "Woulda been great if it worked out" does not cut it!

In general, our penalties have gotten so far out of control. We have got to be in the bottom ten now....

Something is behind that, and we need to see it taken seriously. Certainly more seriously than "we'll clean that up." This sort of crap is not just some "clean it up" situation.

This is where good staffs differ from great ones. Good staffs have the ability to self-examine this sort of thing and figure out what they (as a staff) have done wrong. These penalties aren't just a couple of players being sloppy. Something deeper is behind them.

And we don't need to hear the word "disciplined" again until we cut our damned penalties by at least half..... I thought they were bad last week.... They were much worse this week.

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by gseagle View Post
    well....lunsford is going to start sounding a lot like summers if the losses begin to pile up. there's still time to turn things around but optimism will start to fade. you'd think with the consistency in the coaching staff from last year our execution wouldn't be so sloppy.
    That's what gets me.....

Same staff, same schemes....

What in the world changed?

We definitely look very sloppy, and it cost us a P5 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    The idiot who got in the refs way on the sideline?
    Are we positive it was one of our guys? Looked like someone wearing a black shirt and khakis.

Anybody know our offensive stats in second half? Time of possession definitely on UM side because we couldn’t stop them on third down.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Anybody know our offensive stats in second half? Time of possession definitely on UM side because we couldn’t stop them on third down.
    We had 12 plays and 14 yards in the second half, including the 3 plays on the final drive after they took the lead.

We basically didn't have any offensive stats after halftime.

The first drive was derailed by a holding penalty, the second drive started with the low snap that put us in second and long, the third drive we fumbled, and the 4th drive was the end of the game.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 14th September 2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    To answer question 1...have any of you watched any other FB games over the last several years. No other FBS team gets more 7 or 8-man defensive boxes against us than us. No. Other. FBS. Team.

And no amount of flexboner oil is going to change that. We need to be more than one dimensional AND recruit OL like Wisconsin does.

So.....who do we fire this week?
    This, yet again? Same old, same old. Too many up playing the run because the D doesn't have to defend a passing attack that actually works? How long is it gonna be before the offensive coaching staff addresses this? How long is it gonna be before the head coach addresses this?

Yep, eagle58. The "one dimensional" thing won't work against the teams we're gonna have to play. I agree.