TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    I still lurk bud.

And follow Georgia Southern as I have no conflict of interest anymore

But I've pretty much given up on AGS and most FCS internet forums because I've come to learn that they aren't worth the time and they aren't nearly as friendly/welcoming as they used to be.
    YT, WTH has Josh Conklin done with your offense? 20 passes and a loss against SCSU?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    YT, WTH has Josh Conklin done with your offense? 20 passes and a loss against SCSU?
    I can't tell if I'm in denial or just being very insightful, but I think he treated it like a scrimmage, expecting us to blow their brakes off so he went buck-wild throwing the ball. then when that didn't work we reverted back to our old playbook, only threw 7 passes in the second half with the major problem being 3 of them being picks. Too little, too late. I hope SC State makes the playoffs so we can have a rematch.

Wofford's moving away from the option, but our OC is an option guy. I agree that we need to move away from it long-term (our talent is way better than it used to be and the problem with the option is the inability to make a play when you need it, if that makes sense) but SC State was a cluster----. But we'll be fine. As bad as things are, Conklin isn't as bad as Van Goober or Tyson Summers.

If y'all ever need to replace your OC with an option OC that's good with the gun, I think Wade Lang would be perfect for ya. I'm not saying that because I'm disappointed with his coaching ability, it's just that we're trying to do something different than what he has experience with. I think his system would work a lot better with GSU in the Sun Belt, trying to win 9-11 games a year as opposed to the FCS, where no option team since Georgia Southern left can reliably score 30 in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    I can't tell if I'm in denial or just being very insightful, but I think he treated it like a scrimmage, expecting us to blow their brakes off so he went buck-wild throwing the ball. then when that didn't work we reverted back to our old playbook, only threw 7 passes in the second half with the major problem being 3 of them being picks. Too little, too late. I hope SC State makes the playoffs so we can have a rematch.

Wofford's moving away from the option, but our OC is an option guy. I agree that we need to move away from it long-term (our talent is way better than it used to be and the problem with the option is the inability to make a play when you need it, if that makes sense) but SC State was a cluster----. But we'll be fine. As bad as things are, Conklin isn't as bad as Van Goober or Tyson Summers.

If y'all ever need to replace your OC with an option OC that's good with the gun, I think Wade Lang would be perfect for ya. I'm not saying that because I'm disappointed with his coaching ability, it's just that we're trying to do something different than what he has experience with. I think his system would work a lot better with GSU in the Sun Belt, trying to win 9-11 games a year as opposed to the FCS, where no option team since Georgia Southern left can reliably score 30 in the playoffs.
    I like Wade Lang a lot. He was a big time innovator 10-12 years ago. He’s a bit long in the tooth for GS at this point, though.

I would have been happy hiring Ayers/Lang in 2005, 2007, and 2013. They could have won a boatload of games here.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

If we keep the ball off the turf, I think we can win a close one. But our away games have been shaky the past 2 years, and likely starting our backup QB does have me worried.

I'm not impressed with anything they have done, and I don't think our team will be intimidated by them.

34-31 Eagles.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

5. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Sota 31
    Eagles 17

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post
    If we keep the ball off the turf, I think we can win a close one. But our away games have been shaky the past 2 years, and likely starting our backup QB does have me worried.

I'm not impressed with anything they have done, and I don't think our team will be intimidated by them.

34-31 Eagles.
    I like that prediction, but can we score 31 points against the Gophers and if so we have a kicker that can make 48 to 50 yard field goals which means GSU has a chance to win or go into over time if its a close game.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post

34-31 Eagles.
    I like it!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

We win by 10. We are better than Fresno St and SDST. Minnesota has bigger issues than we do.

9. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Iím not convinced Minnesota is a very good team. But on the other hand, Iím not convinced we are even a .500 team at this point.

Minn 31
    GSU 20

10. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc91 View Post
    We win by 10. We are better than Fresno St and SDST. Minnesota has bigger issues than we do.
    We definitely would in Paulson.

I would love to see us do it on the road, but as a rule we are not great in road games.