TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It's got nothing to do with being FBS, garns. The golden era of smack on the board ended around 2002.
    But GSU is G5 and very few GSU fans cultivate people comming to the GSU smack board by going to our opponents board like GSU did in FCS.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    But GSU is G5 and very few GSU fans cultivate people comming to the GSU smack board by going to our opponents board like GSU did in FCS.
    Because no one does that anymore. Anywhere.

People that want to talk smack are doing it on Twitter or Facebook or Reddit or any number of other places. Message boards are a dying medium and the thriving community that still exists on GSUFans is a testament to all the hard work E22 has done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

People that want to talk smack are doing it on Twitter or Facebook or Reddit or any number of other places. Message boards are a dying medium and the thriving community that still exists on GSUFans is a testament to all the hard work E22 has done here.
    Gotta say you do a decent job too adding the games to YT. Itís the only thing that gets me through the Fridays before game day when Iím struggling to make it to he end of the work week

4. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Gotta say you do a decent job too adding the games to YT. It’s the only thing that gets me through the Fridays before game day when I’m struggling to make it to he end of the work week
    +1!

Those videos are great!

And the stat stuff!

Dude. It takes a village. (smile)
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Ye be a dying medium
    Demand Ye Respect!

To add onto this, every Thursday during football season, r/cfb has a thread specifically dedicated to trash talk that starts around lunchtime and ends up with THOUSANDS of comments by the end of the day so trash talking is definitely not going out of favor. And a lot of it is absolutely hilarious and well thought out as well as cliched in some cases. That's the direction things are headed. Check it out for yourself.

Message boards really are falling to the wayside. The community here is probably one of the best/strongest you'll find for a school at our level that has lasted as long as it has. But we also probably have one of the most active social media communities as well...which has its positives and negatives. However quite a few people even on this board would not even know about that because they haven't kept up with the change in mediums (which is ok...sometimes we just don't care).

But as a younger generation gets exposed to Georgia Southern and to the message board community, they're not going to follow the mold of the old timers that were around when message boards were the only social media type environment.

Quote Originally Posted by stevethepirate View Post
    Ye be a dying medium
    POTY.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    To add onto this, every Thursday during football season, r/cfb has a thread specifically dedicated to trash talk that starts around lunchtime and ends up with THOUSANDS of comments by the end of the day so trash talking is definitely not going out of favor. And a lot of it is absolutely hilarious and well thought out as well as cliched in some cases. That's the direction things are headed. Check it out for yourself.
    This. And you'd be surprised how many GS fans are there and participating. Best part is it's all inclusive of everyone... except maybe GState.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

10. Default Re: Minnesota Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i miss the William and Mary guys, the ODU guys, heck, remember the little guy from Wofford who came over and talked smack? TransBison and the NDSU folks. Heck last few years we barely mix it up with GreatApp and "his kind". I think smack talk has passed us by. Most G5 folks have settled for their place in the "big pond", P5's of course can't be bothered with G5's . I admire the ACC, only G5 Conferance that is putting up a "fight" vs the "Big Boys"
    I still lurk bud.

And follow Georgia Southern as I have no conflict of interest anymore.

But I've pretty much given up on AGS and most FCS internet forums because I've come to learn that they aren't worth the time and they aren't nearly as friendly/welcoming as they used to be. I could give you a whole spiel. NDSU and MVFC fans vicariously living through their accomplishments have ruined the FCS internet and the expanded field makes the playoffs more of a regional showdown where the same 5 teams get homefield advantage and semifinal appearances.

To be completely honest with you, I'm convinced Georgia southern would have won the FCS national title in 2014 had they stayed down. But I would also love my team's (Wofford) success measured up to winning a national title every year. It's an unpopular opinion for FCS types but I would rather aim to win 9 to 11 games a year and play 1-2 postseason games. It's so much less exhausting than going on a playoff run where you win 2 games, play 3, and still feel like the season was a failure because you didn't even finish in the final four or so. 24 team playoff is arguably more demoralizing than 40 bowl games.