TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday comments

Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    That definitely seems like Overkill, especially since nobody was checking tickets for Section D. I've heard of others having multiple ticket chicks for the deck as well.... Unless someone is in the donor section up there, I don't really get the point in checking, especially not multiple times
    Same here. Walked right past the person to get to my seats in D and they didn't check a soul. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that we actually posted the first half stats on the scoreboard during halftime. That’s a start would like to see it between quarters as well.
    Yes, that is a great start. Now, start announcing scores from other games of interest. Sunbelt and top 25. That would be nice. All in all this past Saturday was the best I can remember as far as game ops go.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Yes, that is a great start. Now, start announcing scores from other games of interest. Sunbelt and top 25. That would be nice. All in all this past Saturday was the best I can remember as far as game ops go.
    Announcing scores from other conference games or putting them on the video board would be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Announcing scores from other conference games or putting them on the video board would be brilliant.
    If you're on the concourse at half, you should at least hear the results crew doing so lol

But I know y'all mean you want to see/hear it from your seats

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    that ticker tap ribbon board between the first and second decks keeps a running records of rushing, passing yards etc for each team throughout the game(of course if your sitting on that side of stadium you can't see it).

I hate to say it but it's almost time for a newer bigger video board. I know, I know, money and all that. But looking at ours now (it's 5 years old already!) just seems so small in comparison to what other schools are putting up.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I hate to say it but it's almost time for a newer bigger video board. I know, I know, money and all that. But looking at ours now (it's 5 years old already!) just seems so small in comparison to what other schools are putting up.
    Well it's gonna look small when you cut the corners off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think it's very proportionate to our Stadium though. Some of the ones who are putting up monsters also have them sitting way far back in comparison to where ours sits, so they kind of have to be bigger.

I don't really care as long as I can actually see what's on there, but I'd rather not have something that's overpowering the rest of the stadium. Ours already lights it up quite a bit on some commercials. A bigger one might be blinding

9. Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I think it's very proportionate to our Stadium though. Some of the ones who are putting up monsters also have them sitting way far back in comparison to where ours sits, so they kind of have to be bigger.

I don't really care as long as I can actually see what's on there, but I'd rather not have something that's overpowering the rest of the stadium. Ours already lights it up quite a bit on some commercials. A bigger one might be blinding
    I agree.

Some schools (Auburn ) have one that’s way to big, bright, and loud.

It can really distract from the game.

One thing I don’t understand is why we so seldom run a replay of anything. It very rarely happens for some reason. The fact that it does happen shows that we have the capability, but we just don’t use it much.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I agree.

Some schools (Auburn ) have one that’s way to big, bright, and loud.

It can really distract from the game.

One thing I don’t understand is why we so seldom run a replay of anything. It very rarely happens for some reason. The fact that it does happen shows that we have the capability, but we just don’t use it much.
    Yeah, I'm not so sure what the reasoning behind that is. perhaps pace-of-play contributes some, but it seems like we had some downtime this weekend when they could have been played and they weren't.