TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Default Now what?

With an off-week looming after the Minnesota game, do we consider the following to be in better position for ULL and the start of conference play?

1) hold Shai out next week to give him more of a chance to heal?

2) keep experimenting on the OL?

I might punt the Minnesota game if that could help us prepare for the conference run.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    With an off-week looming after the Minnesota game, do we consider the following to be in better position for ULL and the start of conference play?

1) hold Shai out next week to give him more of a chance to heal?

2) keep experimenting on the OL?

I might punt the Minnesota game if that could help us prepare for the conference run.
    If Shai is healthy enough, he needs to play..... at least some. Since he didn't play all that much against LSU, I'd like him to get his game legs under him. But, I could see the other side of it too. Tomlin has played well enough to maybe give Shai that extra week.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    If Shai is healthy enough, he needs to play..... at least some. Since he didn't play all that much against LSU, I'd like him to get his game legs under him. But, I could see the other side of it too. Tomlin has played well enough to maybe give Shai that extra week.
    Yeah, I don’t want to rush him back from a shoulder injury.

I hated it in 2001 when we brought JR off the bench against ETSU and in 2010 when we played an injured Jaybo against UTC and then brought him back (still injured) in the second half against Samford.

We went 0-3 in those games while jeopardizing the long-term health of our QB in each case.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

My moneys on him playing. Think he’s just a little banged up

You have to play him. This team need rhythm. 17 did a good job today filling in - liked his speed and his arm. But something is not clicking. I hope that something will correct when Shai returns.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    You have to play him. This team need rhythm. 17 did a good job today filling in - liked his speed and his arm. But something is not clicking. I hope that something will correct when Shai returns.
    I just think the Minnesota outcome is irrelevant. I’m looking at games 1-3 as the exhibition part of the schedule. Give Shai the extra time, and maybe he’s more likely to be 100% vs ULL.

I’m all for re-grouping during the bye week.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Just my opinion but we are missing something more than the starting quarterback. I am a Lunsford supporter all the way but we have a few more things to get worked out before we make it to the meat of the season. All the parts are there, something is just not clicking, and it’s not just the offense.

8. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltopay View Post
    Just my opinion but we are missing something more than the starting quarterback. I am a Lunsford supporter all the way but we have a few more things to get worked out before we make it to the meat of the season. All the parts are there, something is just not clicking, and it’s not just the offense.
    The team was sloppy and lazy. We had guys tying their shoes on defense while the ball was ready to be snapped. Something happened in the off season and we have a terrible team attitude right now. If these coaches don't get the players, especially the offensive line and defense, to get some fire in their belly, we're staring down the barrel of a losing season.

9. Default Re: Now what?

Can someone please explain to me why the offensive line doesn't fire off the ball? They were in a 3 point stance from the 2nd qtr on but they don't fire off and they play with their pad level way to high. I know we use a zone blocking scheme but dang they need to GATA upfront.

10. Default Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    The team was sloppy and lazy. We had guys tying their shoes on defense while the ball was ready to be snapped. Something happened in the off season and we have a terrible team attitude right now. If these coaches don't get the players, especially the offensive line and defense, to get some fire in their belly, we're staring down the barrel of a losing season.
    I didn't see lazy. Coaches were getting guys significant playing time in the secondary and defensive line.