TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson Social Club

Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Maybe it's not unique, but that doesn't make it less of a problem. I'd stack our asshat fans up against any in the world in both quantity and quality.

It's not a new problem, either.
    Honest question here: You go to many other stadiums?

People with club-level tickets being told they have to wait in a long line for a wrist band before being seated.

Complete stupid dumb*** idea. People are waiting 20+ minutes for that.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    My mom always told me that before you complain, have a solution. I travel to most away games, and attend all home games. I will be blunt, we have a lot to improve upon as fans. Not to get into the specific stories, but I see our younger fans getting worse.

At Paulson, I see visiting fans treated horribly. Away from Paulson, it may be even worse. I know we all have our own stories, and you may disagree, but I think we can improve.
    Part of the problem is younger fans don't know any better. They act on the road the same as at Paulson. They Yell F App State because its easy.

I have a good friend that went to Boise State. He told me about a group that hardcore alumni created to educate and organize fans on the road and at home. This group has grown into a neighborhood association type organization. Elects a board and has meetings. They set the Themes for Tailgates at home and help get groups get together at Away games. They even give out Tailgates of the Week prizes that have sponsorships and cash.

Why is this important or who cares? I don't want our fans to continue to have a poor reputation, especially as we start to play better opponents. I want Visiting Fans to want to visit GS when they play us. There is a reason Troy and App fans don't come to Paulson. And if you don't want visiting fans, then you don't like good football atmospheres.

I would love to see fans organize and create a group to help take our atmosphere up a level. I know there are some great tailgates with great people, and they love guests. I am talking about an atmosphere similar to a Jimmy Buffett concert. Not in size, but in a welcoming attitude. I would love to see alumni who haven't visiting GS in years, but come back. They have no where to go, but show up to the Paulson parking lot. They wander around and meet welcoming people and leave wanting to come back every weekend.

I really like this idea. I nominate AEKDB/Eagle for President.
    OAS AAS LLS

4. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

I'm one of those fans who will never set foot in Statesboro again after going to the 2012 App - GS game. To put that in perspective, it's important to note that I am of "grandma" age and have never booed another team or official in my life. I have no trouble standing up for myself in any situation. I was raised to be a southern lady. I'm great at cheering. I travel to away games all over the country by myself but will always have to choose not to be there to support my team when the game is in Statesboro. Having played intercollegiate sports, I understand what it's like to be fierce rivals on the field and respectful opponents off the field.

Yes, I know App has some redneck fans who display some of the same behavior I endured in 2012. That's why I spend most home games making sure I find visiting fans and welcoming them to KBS. I applaud your efforts to change the culture and wish you every success in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    I'm one of those fans who will never set foot in Statesboro again after going to the 2012 App - GS game. To put that in perspective, it's important to note that I am of "grandma" age and have never booed another team or official in my life. I have no trouble standing up for myself in any situation. I was raised to be a southern lady. I'm great at cheering. I travel to away games all over the country by myself but will always have to choose not to be there to support my team when the game is in Statesboro. Having played intercollegiate sports, I understand what it's like to be fierce rivals on the field and respectful opponents off the field.

Yes, I know App has some redneck fans who display some of the same behavior I endured in 2012. That's why I spend most home games making sure I find visiting fans and welcoming them to KBS. I applaud your efforts to change the culture and wish you every success in your endeavors.
    Nice! Thanks for posting. I will host you if you are willing to come back some time. I will make sure you have an enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    People with club-level tickets being told they have to wait in a long line for a wrist band before being seated.

Complete stupid dumb*** idea. People are waiting 20+ minutes for that.
    There was literally one person in line in front of me when I got in this line. I read game day emails and keep up with what is going on. I entered the stadium with no waiting and entered this line about 5pm.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    There was literally one person in line in front of me when I got in this line. I read game day emails and keep up with what is going on. I entered the stadium with no waiting and entered this line about 5pm.
    Looks like the line was 35-40+ yards long at 5:35-5:40. Not good. They will fix it though, as they aren't dumb and they can easily implement a few things to fix it instantly. The next home game will be no issue with the wristbands. They just got overwhelmed once and now it won't be a problem anymore haha.

8. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Honest question here: You go to many other stadiums?
    Been to a few over the years, both in US in other countries -- I know there are bad fans everywhere. Our bad fans are as bad as any I've seen. Ever. That's what I'm saying.

To say it's a problem in other places doesn't make it less of a problem here. Rather than say, oh, it's a problem everywhere, folks should be asking how we can fix it here.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

9. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

My sister stopped taking her kids to Georgia Southern games because of our fans.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

I can appreciate what you are saying. But I wouldn't let the actions of opposing team's fans stop me from going to be the 12th man, especially in a hostile environment. I've been treated horribly in Boone, but I still go back.
    I understand if your age prevents that and I'm not judging you for that.

That said - we - AS EVERYBODY else - do have our share of bad fans.

But we DO NOT have a "culture" problem. App state is honestly one of the worst places for visiting rival fans.. I mean like the entire town of Boone. I can respect the entire town getting behind THEIR team though - wish we had that problem in Statesboro and less uga fans. Y'all don't exactly know what that's like not having an in state SEC program. But we are App's arch rival. You can be assured that most of our fans aren't given other team's fans the full "Mountaineer" treatment in Statesboro as I'm sure your's aren't dealing out the "EAGLE" welcome to all the other teams you play. App is going to get our worst treatment, they've earned it! Both on and off the field. A lot of that is actually respect, a fair amount is retaliation, some of it is goo ole hate and the rest is ignorance being carried out by a few bad apples.

Let's just straighten out as many of those gone astray as we can and leave the "culture" alone - It's actually a great one imop! It SHOULD be hostile - but it should also be done with Southern Hospitality.