TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Paulson Social Club

  1. #51

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    People are going to have different experiences. I have had amazing experiences at Boone. Sat on the home side with their fans and was treated great. I had no problems in Baton Rouge, Gainesville, ATL, Troy, Mobile, Conway, Raleigh, Oxford, Birmingham, and dozens of other places. Without a doubt, those places have fans that have created bad issues. But, I have seen our fans act in ways that is very embarrassing.

    My point is that as a fan that goes to most games home or away, I want to do my part to make our fan base known positively. I love what GATA Row has done. They created a brand that people know and associate for tailgating. I would love to see something similar start at Paulson. Where tailgates fly a flag that designates those who encourage strangers to spot by and introduce themselves. Create a identifiable community that creates a positive environment that welcomes people, and grows our fan base.
    A group that organizes and creates this environment without the school. Why? To create a better experience and bring our fans closer.

    Examples: Halloween games have a trunk or treat or themes. New Orleans games setting up Bourbon Street Parades (Lots of visiting fans setup Second Lines Parades). Away games tailgates sports, away game bar takeovers. Etc.
    I commend you for your way of thinking and your attempt to encourage others to “do right”.

    Unfortunately, past attempts to discuss this type of thing reveal that there are few who support a “raise the bar” mindset and all too many who favor a “sink to their level” approach.

    We should absolutely be louder, prouder, and more enthusiastic than opposing fans, and I have no problem with frat boys getting after each other like sailors on shore leave if it’s in the appropriate venue, but everyone should be aware of their surroundings and realize that there are families and people of all stripes around in parking lots and in the stands, and as old fashioned as it sounds (or is it ‘patriarchal’ to use a current buzzword?), respect the women and children. There’s absolutely no defense of spitting in a woman’s face or screaming obscenities at middle-aged men escorting their teenaged daughters into the game. That’s not the behavior of a fan, that’s hooliganism.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

    P.S.: Have a nice day!

  2. #52

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That's the thing though. We shouldn't have to go in an hour early.
    I agree, but once I read the game day email, I recognized it was what needed to happen the first time or two. Just like using a clear bag or allowing for traffic to get in the parking lot. Especially if I am going somewhere crowded.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  3. #53

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I commend you for your way of thinking and your attempt to encourage others to “do right”.

    Unfortunately, past attempts to discuss this type of thing reveal that there are few who support a “raise the bar” mindset and all too many who favor a “sink to their level” approach.

    We should absolutely be louder, prouder, and more enthusiastic than opposing fans, and I have no problem with frat boys getting after each other like sailors on shore leave if it’s in the appropriate venue, but everyone should be aware of their surroundings and realize that there are families and people of all stripes around in parking lots and in the stands, and as old fashioned as it sounds (or is it ‘patriarchal’ to use a current buzzword?), respect the women and children. There’s absolutely no defense of spitting in a woman’s face or screaming obscenities at middle-aged men escorting their teenaged daughters into the game. That’s not the behavior of a fan, that’s hooliganism.
    Thumbs up!
    Well said.

  4. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Those of us that are like minded and abhor rude behavior - lets go out of our way to be pleasant and welcoming to visiting fans this year (and all years for that matter). Just maybe we can offset some of the memories that visiting fans may have of the jack holes among us.
    I’ve done this for many years. Hard to imagine why anyone would not.

  5. #55

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Wanted to share a few comments/messages I've received from Ragin' Cajun fans:

    Cajun fan #1--HI, I'm a Ragin Cajun football fan. My husband and I went to the game early at about 1ish so we could get a feel for your game day experience. We hopped on the LIME scooters and went around your tailgate area near the stadium then rode through your beautiful campus and on to the other area of tailgate parties. We were welcomed by your fans countless times, offered food, water, jello shots, etc. Everyone was extremely nice and lovely to visit with.....and those scooters....how fun!!! Then there was the actual atmosphere inside the stadium. IT WAS AWESOME!!! We loved seeing your school traditions like the eagle leading each side in a cheer, the 4th quarter Journey song with phones lit, the kick off chant...Charming atmosphere and fans. We got heckled by 2 over served students who the cops promptly removed from our section (expected with college students on game day). All in all....you have much to be proud of...we had a great time and look forward to coming back
    Edit: another fan added to this: The 2 students were escorted a second time from the student section, across the aisle from UL section. They returned later in the game as well and mouthed off some more before leaving stadium. I enjoyed the evening as well. Have been to the campus several times in the past as I worked in Savannah for about a year.






    Cajun fan #2--First Class man. Love the support you all show your student athletes!!

    Another Cajun fan posted a picture of our students section (before it was even actually full) with the caption "Student side of Georgia Southern vs Ragin Cajun game! A challenge to the UL students! CAN YOU COMPETE WITH THIS?"

    And from his presser, Coach Napier said, "GS is a good football team, what a place to play."

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    18,221

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    How about that. Maybe we're not so bad after all huh??

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    How about that. Maybe we're not so bad after all huh??
    I mean, obviously small sample size, but if we're going to hang ourselves over a small sample size of bad fans - why not?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  8. #58

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I mean, obviously small sample size, but if we're going to hang ourselves over a small sample size of bad fans - why not?
    But it's a start.

    At least they were willing to share their experiences. I haven't seen any negative comments, other than the addition about those 2 students.


    I'll try to gather feedback from other fans that visit as well.


    I know a Maine mom complained about seating location and not being aware of the clear bag policy, but part of that is on her for not doing research and perhaps a little on their department for not sharing like ours does prior to away games

  9. #59

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    But it's a start.

    At least they were willing to share their experiences. I haven't seen any negative comments, other than the addition about those 2 students.


    I'll try to gather feedback from other fans that visit as well.


    I know a Maine mom complained about seating location and not being aware of the clear bag policy, but part of that is on her for not doing research and perhaps a little on their department for not sharing like ours does prior to away games
    This
    plus, looking at our crowd from the home side made me think of how many successful G5 programs and some P5s I see on TV and the camera tries not to pan across the stadium because of lack of attendance. No doubt visiting fans are jealous and those watching on tv want what we have. Passion when performed correctly is a great thing.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: Paulson Social Club

    Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    This
    plus, looking at our crowd from the home side made me think of how many successful G5 programs and some P5s I see on TV and the camera tries not to pan across the stadium because of lack of attendance. No doubt visiting fans are jealous and those watching on tv want what we have. Passion when performed correctly is a great thing.
    I've noticed this as well and wondered if I was just over analyzing.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Similar Threads

  1. Could we use social media to get a P5 to Paulson?
    By sidslidkid in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 19th August 2015, 06:46 PM
  2. Student Eagle Club Social with Coach Monken
    By StudentEagleClub in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th September 2012, 10:41 PM
  3. Atlanta Eagle Club Social Reminder
    By GSUfanforever in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 7th October 2011, 04:15 PM
  4. Gwinnett Eagle Club Social this Thursday* New location!
    By eaglesnest in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th September 2009, 06:56 AM
  5. Gwinnett Eagle Club-March Social
    By eaglesnest in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th March 2009, 08:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •