TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Paulson Social Club

Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    How about that. Maybe we're not so bad after all huh??
    I mean, obviously small sample size, but if we're going to hang ourselves over a small sample size of bad fans - why not?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I mean, obviously small sample size, but if we're going to hang ourselves over a small sample size of bad fans - why not?
    But it's a start.

At least they were willing to share their experiences. I haven't seen any negative comments, other than the addition about those 2 students.

I'll try to gather feedback from other fans that visit as well.

I know a Maine mom complained about seating location and not being aware of the clear bag policy, but part of that is on her for not doing research and perhaps a little on their department for not sharing like ours does prior to away games

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    But it's a start.

At least they were willing to share their experiences. I haven't seen any negative comments, other than the addition about those 2 students.

I'll try to gather feedback from other fans that visit as well.

I know a Maine mom complained about seating location and not being aware of the clear bag policy, but part of that is on her for not doing research and perhaps a little on their department for not sharing like ours does prior to away games
    This
    plus, looking at our crowd from the home side made me think of how many successful G5 programs and some P5s I see on TV and the camera tries not to pan across the stadium because of lack of attendance. No doubt visiting fans are jealous and those watching on tv want what we have. Passion when performed correctly is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    This
    plus, looking at our crowd from the home side made me think of how many successful G5 programs and some P5s I see on TV and the camera tries not to pan across the stadium because of lack of attendance. No doubt visiting fans are jealous and those watching on tv want what we have. Passion when performed correctly is a great thing.
    I've noticed this as well and wondered if I was just over analyzing.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

5. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I've noticed this as well and wondered if I was just over analyzing.
    Same here, but the reality is we were in the bottom half of a conference that was second from last in FBS average attendance last year. Several FCS programs averaged more than GS. We have work to do.

6. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Same here, but the reality is we were in the bottom half of a conference that was second from last in FBS average attendance last year. Several FCS programs averaged more than GS. We have work to do.
    Didn't we just talk about everyone else lying about attendance and people taking those numbers at face value?

7. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Didn't we just talk about everyone else lying about attendance and people taking those numbers at face value?
    Yes, but at a certain point you’re just splitting hairs relative to a nationwide comparison. The unfortunate reality is our attendance is currently toward the bottom all of G5’s. I mean, if we claimed another 4K were in attendance for every game last year, bringing our average to 20k, we would still be on the bottom half of all G5’s.

8. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yes, but at a certain point you’re just spitting hairs relative to a nationwide comparison. The unfortunate reality is our attendance is currently toward the bottom all of G5’s. I mean, if we claimed another 4K were in attendance for every game last year, bringing our average to 20k, we would still be on the bottom half of all G5’s.
    But would we really?

9. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    But would we really?
    Good question, but I cannot believe that we are the only G5 program that is reporting the way that we do.

I dont think reporting 18k average attendance versus reporting 22k is splitting hairs at all when talking about G5 attendance. It's only splitting hairs if you're comparing to SEC attendance.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.