TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

1. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Post something substantive or go away.
    Several posters, myself included, have pointed out the myriad issues this team is facing. But keep shooting that blue juice into your veins and maybe you'll still be convinced we have a chance at a good bowl game we we're losing to G-state to close out the season.

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I hoped to see a lot of yards last week, this week I wanted to see a lot of TD’s. Disappointing first couple of games and from what I am seeing as I watch this ULL game, we have a lot of work to do in a very short period of time.

I know many are looking forward to the return of Werts and Kennedy but IMO our primary problems today weren’t at the QB and RB positions. That’s what worries me most. We have work to do, I hope we can turn it around and make it happen.
    VERT TRUE!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    Please pass me some of that crack. It's been a while since my eyes glazed over and I hallucinated so vividly.
    Just beer to make my eyes red!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Several posters, myself included, have pointed out the myriad issues this team is facing. But keep shooting that blue juice into your veins and maybe you'll still be convinced we have a chance at a good bowl game we we're losing to G-state to close out the season.
    You've got nothing other than dismissing the offensive production as "out-athleting" them (do you even know what that looks like?)
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Good lord you’re negative.
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

LSU beats Texas. LSU with almost 600 yards on offense.

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnat Line Eagle View Post
    What is the announced attendance?
    Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Good lord you’re negative.

Werts playing again would help.

Kennedy would help.

But we have so many things to fix. Playcalling is at the top of that list.

What in hell? How many times did we run the dive three and out? Two zillion?

I would like some answers about what the hell Debeese is thinking... Playcalling nearly lost us this game. Another series and it would have.

From the 5 yard line to the 5 yard line we were great. The first time since 2012 we had 3 guys rushing for at least 100 yards. 395 rushing yards. But we got to put TD's on the board when we are deep in the red zone. We were very sloppy tonight, lots of work to be done. Oh, Matt Brieda was the fastest RB in GS history. Not taking anything away from Wright or Speedy but their two long runs if it was Brieda, there TDs. Game was much closer than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    From the 5 yard line to the 5 yard line we were great. The first time since 2012 we had 3 guys rushing for at least 100 yards. 395 rushing yards. But we got to put TD's on the board when we are deep in the red zone. We were very sloppy tonight, lots of work to be done. Oh, Matt Brieda was the fastest RB in GS history. Not taking anything away from Wright or Speedy but their two long runs if it was Brieda, there TDs. Game was much closer than it should have been.
    Garns, absolutely agree. There were glimpses of the offense we had by the time the Camellia Bowl time. However, the loss of Werts and Kennedy and now having to reconnect the remaining pieces seem to have us looking as if we were a brand new freshman team with lots of potential talent just not able to close the deal. Speedy is speedy for about 40 yards and then he seems to lose a bit of juice. He blew past the defenders and I thought he was "gone to the house" but then the defenders caught him. All said, I was pleased to see Tomlin and friends grow during the came and get more comfortable. We have enough film on mistakes from the last two games to give some great feedback to these young men. So I hope we have the kinks worked out before we start our Sunbelt run. From the looks of the other Belt scores tonight, the level of competition has risen a bit.
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

The defender didn’t catch Speedy. He had a perfect angle. I’ve seen Breida get angled before.

Tomlin can fly as well. We seriously need to put in some two QB looks with these guys. Shai and Tomlin are 2 of our 3 best athletes.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low