TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSU Fans

Default Re: LSU Fans

This was my third LSU game and I had a great time as an actual opponent.

The only ones who "Tiger Bait"ed me were kids which made me laugh.

Got offered food by random folks apart from the tailgate crew we were setup with and overall had a really pleasant experience talking to people. Not to mention, that place just oozes college football when you walk around it. Unfortunately, due to the stadium improvements, the way behind the stadium to get to the band run in was closed off so we couldn't make it around to see that for the guys with me who had never seen it before.

It was a really great trip other than the game. Also....it's a LONG way up to the top row in the stadium where I was sitting. It was an amazing view though.

My party of 5 had a great time. Great atmosphere and good fans celebrating their team and rich history and tradition. In games like this Erk used to say "fall back and save the equipment". We'll see better days against regular college teams.

We had a great time.
    I thought their fans were great.
    We did get the "Tiger.. Bait" thing, but it wasn't an overall arrogant or mean thing. It was funny, you just gotta smile at them. On the way in, and I just laughing a little and I'd say... "That sounds a lot like what they said at Florida before we beat them, only they said Gator Bait" lol
    They'd just smile back, it was good natured ribbing and a great college football atmosphere.

One group had a big tailgate and a microphone, they turned around saying the "Tiger Bait" over the speaker and looking at us and cheering, so I just turned and went right into their crowd smiling with my hand out and got lots of hand shakes and high fives, pats on the back. They gave us some beer, talked us into shotgunning one with them, gave us a taste of some Cajun cooking. It's was good! I really didn't run into any obnoxious fans or even rude ones.
    It was a good game day, except Mike the tiger was nowhere to be seen... And oh yeah... Losing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    We had a great time.
    I thought their fans were great.
    We did get the "Tiger.. Bait" thing, but it wasn't an overall arrogant or mean thing. It was funny, you just gotta smile at them. On the way in, and I just laughing a little and I'd say... "That sounds a lot like what they said at Florida before we beat them, only they said Gator Bait" lol
    They'd just smile back, it was good natured ribbing and a great college football atmosphere.

One group had a big tailgate and a microphone, they turned around saying the "Tiger Bait" over the speaker and looking at us and cheering, so I just turned and went right into their crowd smiling with my hand out and got lots of hand shakes and high fives, pats on the back. They gave us some beer, talked us into shotgunning one with them, gave us a taste of some Cajun cooking. It's was good! I really didn't run into any obnoxious fans or even rude ones.
    It was a good game day, except Mike the tiger was nowhere to be seen... And oh yeah... Losing the game.
    Mike stays in his enclosure all the time now. They used to bring him into the stadium. We went over there in the morning and he was walking around in the shade trying to stay cool.

We get treated well at all sec stadiums other than Athens because we are not their Alabama, Auburn or Florida State game. We are the game that people that can’t get tickets to the real games are able to attend. That’s just the way it is. We do remember the video of the LSU fan at the fast food place?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

6. Default Re: LSU Fans

I gotta say I was treated well in Athens .
    I had a blast at that game
    Probably the funniest loss I ever attended

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT George Armstrong View Post
    I gotta say I was treated well in Athens .
    I had a blast at that game
    Probably the funniest loss I ever attended
    Probably because you were wearing that cool captain’s hat.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

8. Default Re: LSU Fans

Am I a real captain?

Yar, no

9. Default Re: LSU Fans

They were great. The only questionable person I ran into ended up being pretty nice, and made sure to find me to shake my hand towards the end of the game.

Every fan base has baddies, but the overwhelming majority I encountered were welcoming and nice

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Mike stays in his enclosure all the time now. They used to bring him into the stadium. We went over there in the morning and he was walking around in the shade trying to stay cool.
    I knew he'd be in his enclosure, but we couldn't see him in there.
    Cool habitat though.