TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU Fans

Default LSU Fans

Just wondering how the LSU fans treated our fans before, during and after the game? Did the atmosphere in Tiger Stadium live up to the hype (reputation)?
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

2. Default Re: LSU Fans

I was there. The people I interacted with were perfectly nice. Asked where the campus was located and how many students we have. Commented they were happy with their offense because they hated the old one. Said they weren't sure if things are fixed for them or if we are "just that bad." Cops and gate personnel were nice. Lots of drunk people but none were fighting drunk or starting any problems.

Default Re: LSU Fans

Mixed bag of who I ran into. A couple very nice fans who said welcome to our campus, safe travels home. A couple drunk idiots yelling “TIGER BAIT” over and over. One guy even went over to the team buses after the game, called all of our fans a word used to describe a cat and gave the double middle finger salute.

[QUOTE=GSUfanforever;974616]Mixed bag of who I ran into. A couple very nice fans who said welcome to our campus, safe travels home. A couple drunk idiots yelling “TIGER BAIT” over and over. One guy even went over to the team buses after the game, called all of our fans a word used to describe a cat and gave the double middle finger salute.[/QUOTE

Sadly, LSU doesn’t have a lock on knucklehead fans. We have our fair share.

Funny thing ran into a friend's ex boyfriend, was sitting right next to him. Totally forgot he was an LSU grad. He kept coming over (the aisle was between us) and talking to me. Our lot was pretty baren (407) so didn't have much interaction with many fans. When we walked by to the alumni tent and back we got several invites to grab a beer. One RV lot was behind us but seemed very very tame. Seems like they were just inside enjoying the AC and not grilling out. Had a few jacklegs but 99% of them were fine. We are not a rival or a SEC team so let's be honest, they did not really care to talk trash with us.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: LSU Fans

[QUOTE=EaglePA-C;974658]
    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Mixed bag of who I ran into. A couple very nice fans who said welcome to our campus, safe travels home. A couple drunk idiots yelling “TIGER BAIT” over and over. One guy even went over to the team buses after the game, called all of our fans a word used to describe a cat and gave the double middle finger salute.[/QUOTE

Sadly, LSU doesn’t have a lock on knucklehead fans. We have our fair share.
    I would say this is consistent with most rival schools. We had friends whose son played for Furman in the late 1990's and he said each time they came to Paulson that they would be subjected to some pretty vile language and physicality. He loved it....Said it made the trip back to the state of Georgia fun. He said there was one little old grandmother type each year that would spit at/on the team as they came and went, and yelled F++++ Southern. He still laughs about it. He used to say that the real Southern fans were not in the library on Saturday.

I’m not upset about a couple knuckleheads at LSU and would agree we have ours as well. Go figure when you have 25,000 up to 100,000 folks not all of them will act similarly or even logically.

Everyone was great with the exception of the douche that showed up 2 hours before kickoff, pulled his SUV sideways against our tents, got out and told us we were in his (unassigned) tailgate spot. There was plenty of parking available and he decided to be a jerk. I asked him to show me where his name was and he walked off in a huff. His creepy teenage kid kept peering around the vehicle at us... very strange. Even the other LSU folks thought that was very rude.

I will say that I was not impressed with their stadium. Yes, it's big... but it's old and the seating needs serious renovation. The rows in the lower bowl are way too tight. If you were over 5'5", your knees were in the back of the person in front of you. That said, the overall athletic complex was very nice and well laid out. The cops couldn't direct traffic out for crap though.

I’ve attended hundreds of college football games all over the place. Without doubt, LSU has the best tailgates and I thought the fans that I met walking around the stadium were absolutely awesome. Offered drinks, food and were just downright fun and hospitable. Great college football venue.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I’ve attended hundreds of college football games all over the place. Without doubt, LSU has the best tailgates and I thought the fans that I met walking around the stadium were absolutely awesome. Offered drinks, food and were just downright fun and hospitable. Great college football venue.
    This was my experience. I wasn't able to go to 'Bama in 2011 for context, but the best I've been to in 32 years and at least 250 games (stopped counting). Just was under the weather, which inhale vigorouslyed in addition to it being so hot & humid.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.