TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Not ashamed one bit. Overreaction is the norm in 2019 - including your comment about my opinion. It's especially ironic that you criticize me when you and a couple of others spent the last several weeks embarrassing Eagle Nation by talking smack on opponents message boards.
    Your problem is you have no idea how long it takes to evacuate the coast. Come go through a major hurricane with us and get a clue because you certainly donít have one.

2. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

We won't be getting much practice time and the game might not even be played in Statesboro. With the coast evacuating, there will be very few people in attendance. We're looking at a possible disaster all around. I'll hold out hope that we can squeak out a win but it will be ugly.

Georgia Southern 24
    Maine 23
    Attendance 12,000 actual, 16,000 announced

Quote Originally Posted by bfteagle View Post
    Your problem is you have no idea how long it takes to evacuate the coast. Come go through a major hurricane with us and get a clue because you certainly donít have one.
    I've been through it several times. Barrier islands need to evacuate. Everyone else is fine. I know several people who stayed for Matthew on barrier islands. Downed limbs and power was turned off by the Southern Company. They did a good job getting it back on. It goes with the territory. Ive been in and around Savannah my whole life and my first hurricane was David in 1979 which was weak but a direct hit.
    It's a complete over reaction that will continue because people are accustomed to a Nanny state telling them what to do.

Why don't we just evacuate the Southeastern coastline and the gulf until the season is over because it's possible to get hit by a hurricane? Barrier islands and areas prone to flooding should evacuate. Everyone else stock up and shelter in place - or go if you prefer. The state has no business ordering people to do anything.

4. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT George Armstrong View Post
    Back in 2015 we got our teeth kicked in.by West Virginia to start the season
    44 to 0
    We ended up winning our first Bowl game that season.

It's time to right the ship.
    Eagles will beat up.on Maine
    It's a lock.....
    Amen.

Give me 38-21 GS

5. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I've been through it several times. Barrier islands need to evacuate. Everyone else is fine. I know several people who stayed for Matthew on barrier islands. Downed limbs and power was turned off by the Southern Company. They did a good job getting it back on. It goes with the territory. Ive been in and around Savannah my whole life and my first hurricane was David in 1979 which was weak but a direct hit.
    It's a complete over reaction that will continue because people are accustomed to a Nanny state telling them what to do.

Why don't we just evacuate the Southeastern coastline and the gulf until the season is over because it's possible to get hit by a hurricane? Barrier islands and areas prone to flooding should evacuate. Everyone else stock up and shelter in place - or go if you prefer. The state has no business ordering people to do anything.
    ask the people in Freeport how they feel about hurricanes.

Its not a big deal-until it is.

Matthew seemed good because it was just far enough offshore to not be a big deal. 50 or 75 miles further west and it would have wore Savannah out.

You stay if you want. Hurricanes ain’t Fake News in my opinion. Especially when they depend on razor thin tracks between nothingburger and total devastation.

(I have never figured out why anyone stays anyway. A week or two with no ac and canned food ain’t my idea of a party.)

6. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    [/QUOTE.]

Exactly how would he have scored? He was is good, but not Superman - LSU defense is big, strong and fast. Also he would have needed a very long gain considering how much time we spent on our side of the 50.
    I think he meant the Maine game, not LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    Iíve never seen tempo like LSU used. Not just up tempo, speed tempo. Iíd like to see us use that!
    I just want a competent passing game. To balance our run game a little. We only pass decently when we are running all over another team. Play action only...
    Last edited by Chris Eagle; 3rd September 2019 at 02:01 AM.

Don’t hate me, but Maine will score easily on offense by picking on our safeties. Lord knows they have been looking at the film licking their chops already. In the meantime, we are still “figuring things out” on offense.
    Maine 45
    GS 27

Eagles open as 10.5 point favorites.

10. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Don’t hate me, but Maine will score easily on offense by picking on our safeties. Lord knows they have been looking at the film licking their chops already. In the meantime, we are still “figuring things out” on offense.
    Maine 45
    GS 27
    expecting a 4-7 season?