TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Score Prediction Thread

1. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Maine put up nearly 600 yards of offense on Sacred Heart. Inferior opponent but accurate passing and receiving.
    We'll be challenged psychologically to get over the beating LSU gave us. Maine has a good football team.

I doubt the game will be played. The weather will be fine Saturday but idiots in Savannah are already closing schools and excited to be on the weather channel.
    Must be an epidemic of idiots.

Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Cliff... this may be the most ignorant, disrespectful thing ever posted on this forum. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope you, your family, or anyone you care about never has to face the potential devastation this storm could bring.
    Not ashamed one bit. Overreaction is the norm in 2019 - including your comment about my opinion. It's especially ironic that you criticize me when you and a couple of others spent the last several weeks embarrassing Eagle Nation by talking smack on opponents message boards.

Not ashamed one bit. Overreaction is the norm in 2019 - including your comment about my opinion. It's especially ironic that you criticize me when you and a couple of others spent the last several weeks embarrassing Eagle Nation by talking smack on opponents message boards.
    Well Cliff, hopefully they are over reacting. But quite frankly, after seeing what has happened with these storms over the past few years, not to mention the live videos coming from this storm... it is extremely smart to be prepared. It's easy for your ignorant self to sit back behind your keyboard and criticize when you aren't in the path of danger. Talk about embarrassing!
    Last edited by Pike51; 1st September 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Cliff thinks climate change is a hoax. Guy isn’t the stiffest cigarette in the soft pack.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

5. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Cliff thinks climate change is a hoax. Guy isn’t the stiffest cigarette in the soft pack.
    You seriously think smokestacks cause hurricanes?

Or are you just being facetious?

We definitely improve this week. GSU 41 Maine 13. GATA Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Really bad feeling about this game. I’m beginning to be worried about our recruiting from the past 3 years. Looking at some of the starting players on offense gives me great worry about the last 3 recruiting classes.
    Suddenly you're worried after the LSU game? Where the **** have you been all off-season?

This is rich.

You had to see us get skull drug by a top 10 SEC team to get a hunch we may not be that talented?

Newsflash. You should have known that. Our talent level is pretty much identical to what it was last year... mediocre SunBelt level talent.

Turns out we're not UCF or Boise State. We're not even Houston. Not close.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 2nd September 2019 at 07:25 AM.

8. Default Re: Maine Score Prediction Thread

I think the key is our defense.

Offense should be able to move the ball against a team like Maine.

Defense needs to come ready.

Other than a handful of really nice pass breakups by our usual guys, defense was poor all night against LSU. All night at all levels.

I’m particularly concerned about short to mid range pass coverage. Maybe LSU’s speed rattled our guys, IDK... For whatever reason, we saw tons of blown coverage almost every time LSU took a shot at short or mid range. I don’t know that Maine will have as much talent on the throwing or receiving end..... But talent doesn’t mater as much when blown coverage means we don’t have a defender within 10 yards.

looked to me like our guys were either misled or confused about who they were supposed to cover. Saw way too many instance of three of our guys covering some guy on a mid route-which left a short LSU guy wiiiide open.

I doubt the game will be played. The weather will be fine Saturday but idiots in Savannah are already closing schools and excited to be on the weather channel.
    School on Saturdays? Man you guys in Savannah are idiots.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

I’ve never seen tempo like LSU used. Not just up tempo, speed tempo. I’d like to see us use that!