TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin?

1. Default Tomlin?

What do y'all think?

I am impressed.

Few really nice throws, couple of good runs.

(Not his fault that most of our plays were handoffs and the holes weren't there.)

I think Tomlin will be good.

(I hope Shai will be OK. He has the experience, and the ability to work some magic against normal human defenses, but I am feeling pretty good about our backup. He looks comfortable and composed. That's all you can ask after a night like this.)

Opinions?

Default Re: Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What do y'all think?

I am impressed.

(Not his fault that most of our plays were handoffs and the holes weren't there.)

(I hope Shai will be OK. He has the experience, and the ability to work some magic against normal human defenses, but I am feeling pretty good about our backup. He looks comfortable and composed. That's all you can ask after a night like this.)

Opinions?
    He didn’t fumble the first snap so there is definite improvement lol... In all seriousness, he did look capable of running the offense and looked really good.
    C/O 2009
    B.S. Mathematics
    I sometimes record myself talking about Georgia Southern football.

3. Default Re: Tomlin?

He has a little more speed than shai - capable backup than can help us this year.

Makes me wish Jenkins wasn’t forced to quit football, need some depth now. Feel for Shai. He looked like he was hurtin pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What do y'all think?

I am impressed.

Opinions?
    +1, I liked what I saw, plus he got valuable playing time. Werts I think is hurt, to me, my fear is a broken collarbone just IMO have no inside info on his injury.

I don’t see a single game on our schedule that is a win if Shai is hurt. That is how bad our recruiting has been the past 3 years.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I don’t see a single game on our schedule that is a win if Shai is hurt. That is how bad our recruiting has been the past 3 years.
    well, to be painfully honest Werts didn't look good last night, I think Tomlin can run this offense.

Tomlin looked fine and got experience against an excellent defense.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

9. Default Re: Tomlin?

Tomlin appears to have more poise and awareness in the pocket. Shai has always been a good leader, an amazing athlete first, and a decent quarterback second. The emphasis on the second. As for what happened. Playcalling had a lot to do with it. Sloan was read like a book. Debesse might want to pay attention to the VERY successful use of pulls and passes over the middle, because that was...taking.our.lunchmoney.all.night. Our offensive line was attacked, but we had nothing in the playbook to compensate for an aggressive blitz package up the middle with solid coverage on the outside.

Like it or not, we got housed...bad. The good news is, Tomlin is the real deal. Bad news is...the offensive scheme needs some serious retooling.

10. Default Re: Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEoghan View Post
    Tomlin appears to have more poise and awareness in the pocket. Shai has always been a good leader, an amazing athlete first, and a decent quarterback second. The emphasis on the second. As for what happened. Playcalling had a lot to do with it. Sloan was read like a book. Debesse might want to pay attention to the VERY successful use of pulls and passes over the middle, because that was...taking.our.lunchmoney.all.night. Our offensive line was attacked, but we had nothing in the playbook to compensate for an aggressive blitz package up the middle with solid coverage on the outside.

Like it or not, we got housed...bad. The good news is, Tomlin is the real deal. Bad news is...the offensive scheme needs some serious retooling.
    I’m not sure the offensive scheme is so bad.

A lot of what happened seemed to be due to the speed of LSU’s defense.

They got all over the QB so fast. No time for pretty much any play to develop.

I’m not sure whether that’s more due to their line being really good or our line being really bad.

I good point about the pulls and passes. I think that would be great for Tomlin-especially with Kennedy catching.