TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

Default Re: Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    The truly embarrassing part was preparation.....

What was so mysterious about LSU’s offense?

We didn’t cover at all short, middle, of deep. I saw two or three wide open guys on practically every play.

It’s called “football.” It’s a game where the ball can be thrown to another player. Somehow, our coaches seemed to overlook that component almost entirely.
    Well can you blame them? It's the exact same defense we ran all of last year (bend don't break) and they won 10 games. Only LSU ain't SC State.

The computers knew our defense wasn't as good as advertised. We just hardly ever face teams competent or talented enough to exploit it.

2. Default Re: Embarrassing

Lunsford is not a coach, he is an administrator. He used to imply he coached at Auburn but he did not. Administrator only. Never an on the field coach. He was the least expensive alternative. Yes last last year was a feel good season but reality was bound to strike. No team should beat us silly like that. He is too unpolished to lead us into any relevance in FBS. His goofy post game on the field comments at the Bowl game illustrate that. Chad can not field coach. He doesn’t have the experience and instincts that Johnson, Monken and Fritz have. Maybe he will learn maybe not but right now he is unimpressive. No chairs to slam and elbow last night.

3. Default Re: Embarrassing

What I saw was that LSU was better physically at every position than us and not by a little. They were the best and most physical team that I saw yesterday including Alabama and ugag. Physically we are not where we were last year even. The most scary thing for me was that I saw 4 teams on tv from the sunbelt that were very good and actually looked they belong at this level. Right now we don't have the physical part in place. Until we figure that out offensive/defensive schemes don't matter much. I think we will get some things straightened out and win some games, although I don't know if we can win enough to go to a bowl game. The total lack of any semblance of a passing game is just beyond my level of understanding. I was impressed by Justin Tomlin with the way he stayed calm and seemed to know what he was doing. I fear that he might have to be the guy for a while. Against lesser quality teams he might be ok. If we don't figure out the physical part of the game this will be a long season.

4. Default Re: Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    No...for a guy who went 4-4 his last year in the SOCON and then erased everyone's memory by beating the worst team UF has fielded since WW2.
    Exaggerating to make your point...

5. Default Re: Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Both Fritz and Monken left for 7 figure jobs. Lunsford is nowhere near that after 5 years of FBS ball. We couldn't have kept either even if we tried.
    I disagree, but neither of us can prove we’re right.

6. Default Re: Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    LSU played in our backfield all night. Nothing had time to develop. On defense, their qbs never had anybody get close to them. We got dominated up front on both sides.

And it wouldn't have mattered if we were in the flex. They blew everything up before we could hand the ball off in most cases.
    Light years better than Bama was, wow. They're winning the NC hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    I disagree, but neither of us can prove we’re right.
    Disagree with what, that we can't offer 7 figures to a head coach right now? Fritz is making $1.2 million and making after tax more than we could pay gross. Monken was basically offered his dream job at a service academy.

8. Default Re: Embarrassing

Disagree with what, that we can't offer 7 figures to a head coach right now? Fritz is making $1.2 million and making after tax more than we could pay gross. Monken was basically offered his dream job at a service academy.
    You have no idea what you’re talking about. Army is no-one’s dream job. He’s gone as soon as he gets a decent offer anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    You have no idea what you’re talking about. Army is no-one’s dream job. He’s gone as soon as he gets a decent offer anywhere else.
    You're telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and then thinking we can match any of the offers those programs threw out? That's rich.

10. Default Re: Embarrassing

You're telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and then thinking we can match any of the offers those programs threw out? That's rich.
    It’s ok buddy. GATA