Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Umm...
    So.

They did not get a TD??

3. Default Re: Walk on punter

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    So.

They did not get a TD??
    You understand there are two (2) plays in that clip... right?

Default Re: Walk on punter

Yes one is a blocked punt recovered for a TD.
    The second is a interception run back for a TD, hence the term pick 6. You know, the pass was "pick"ed off and turned into 6 points aka TD.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Walk on punter

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Yes one is a blocked punt recovered for a TD.
    The second is a interception run back for a TD, hence the term pick 6. You know, the pass was "pick"ed off and turned into 6 points aka TD.
    OK.

Wrong term....

Still 6 points.

Seems like a distinction with no point. Could pick a blocked punt off the ground and do the same thing. Could pick a ball knocked clean out of a RBs arms mid flight.... That sort of semantics is something not even causing even the slightest blip on my "give a bird poo" meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The staff did address it. Numerous times. Trust me, if a bunch of message board fans saw it, they did too.

They are obviously continuing to address it through recruiting as well.
    Good post. This was my main point in my earlier post. If a few armchair QBs like us notice something going wrong, you can best bet the coaches are plenty aware and perturbed with it. Itís not like they love to see us struggle in this area.

[QUOTE=GSU25+yrFan =
    Punter Kevin Jones will join Brown at Georgia Southern. The two-year starter served as defensive back but led the state with a 49.3 yard average as a punter which earned him a spot on the first feam All-State and the Ray Guy Award from the Augusta Sports Council.

[QUOTE=Touchdown;- A punter is like an Insurance policy - you hope you never need it, but when you do - you better have a good one! [/QUOTE]

TALON - there will be times where our offense may have a bad set of downs. If Johns can punt for 45-49 yards it will go a long was for GSUs defense to get the ball back.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

8. Default Re: Walk on punter

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    You understand there are two (2) plays in that clip... right?

9. Default Re: Walk on punter

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OK.

Wrong term....

Still 6 points.

Seems like a distinction with no point. Could pick a blocked punt off the ground and do the same thing. Could pick a ball knocked clean out of a RBs arms mid flight.... That sort of semantics is something not even causing even the slightest blip on my "give a bird poo" meter.
    You're really doubling down on this?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Yeah. Our punt formation was the single most stressful situation all season long. Especially in the last two months of the season.
    You ainít a kidding man! I got anxious every time we lined up to punt. I never understood why teams didnít go for blocks on every single punt. 🧐