TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Fan Base

Default Re: Our Fan Base

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We should behave ourselves and be courteous to all comers.

Hell, we should even be nice to Furman people.
    Hey, I've gotta draw the line somewhere.

I am very nice to Furman people, I always tip the pizza delivery guy in cash.

Back when the stadium was non booster, gasouthern01 and I always would walk around the lot and talk to opposing fans. Some of the best interactions I've had have been this way. Met a Bizon guy in the waiting area of a flight on the way to Frisco (had plane tickets because we were meeting Jerry Rice even if we didn't win). Ended up hanging with him and still keep in touch.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Our fan base is what sets us apart from 90% of the other G5 teams. We’re loyal, loud, outspoken, and sometimes arrogant. But when an opposing fan is at Paulson, just follow the golden rule.

4. Default Re: Our Fan Base

The bigger the program gets the more fans we will have filling out the spectrum, from respectful and polite to rude and obnoxious. It goes with the territory. Remember they are pulling for a program that maintains a blue-collar, tough identity- people will have different interpretations of how to support that identity.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Hey, I've gotta draw the line somewhere.
    You should learn to take a sociopathic pleasure in feigning good behavior.

It’s a lot of fun!
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I was just having this convo with my brother an a few of my friends. I think about the infamous chants I know and love “f app state” “F you Furman” and the infamous ending to “ Hail Southern”. As a student I loved those chants but now as an adult who at times brings kids to games with him it kind of makes my skin crawl. On one hand I love the spirit...but on the other I want us to maintain civility. I remember a few years back seeing a family of app state fans with small children walking from Parker’s towards the stadium getting greeted with the “ F App State” chants and it made me cringe.

The last few years i have made it a mission to go to all the big games(ole miss, auburn, Clemson, and now LSU” and have encountered some amazing folks on the trips who welcomed us with open arms, helped us find points of interest in the area, and even shared a couple burgers and dogs with us. When I go to uga because of the lack of hospitality I refuse to spend a dollar in their community but in all the other areas we have been to I have happily spent money due to the experience I have had with the fans.

Think about it...we as fans control the economy.

7. Default Re: Our Fan Base

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We should behave ourselves and be courteous to all comers.

Hell, we should even be nice to Furman people.
    Why don’t we play more SoCon schools? I’d much rather play Furman and El Cid than Maine and New Hampshire. That game against Citadel in 2015 was one of our best attended games of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Why don’t we play more SoCon schools? I’d much rather play Furman and El Cid than Maine and New Hampshire. That game against Citadel in 2015 was one of our best attended games of all time.
    Yankee AD.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_ikon View Post
    I was just having this convo with my brother an a few of my friends. I think about the infamous chants I know and love “f app state” “F you Furman” and the infamous ending to “ Hail Southern”. As a student I loved those chants but now as an adult who at times brings kids to games with him it kind of makes my skin crawl. On one hand I love the spirit...but on the other I want us to maintain civility. I remember a few years back seeing a family of app state fans with small children walking from Parker’s towards the stadium getting greeted with the “ F App State” chants and it made me cringe.

The last few years i have made it a mission to go to all the big games(ole miss, auburn, Clemson, and now LSU” and have encountered some amazing folks on the trips who welcomed us with open arms, helped us find points of interest in the area, and even shared a couple burgers and dogs with us. When I go to uga because of the lack of hospitality I refuse to spend a dollar in their community but in all the other areas we have been to I have happily spent money due to the experience I have had with the fans.

Think about it...we as fans control the economy.
    After witnessing some App fans and their daughters receive an unsolicited, obscene verbal assault on the way to the stadium last year I suggested that we as a fan base should make an effort to “keep it classy” and I was almost universally derided on here as being naive and out of touch for believing that a college football game ought to generally be a family-friendly event.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

10. Default Re: Our Fan Base

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Our fan base is what sets us apart from 90% of the other G5 teams. We’re loyal, loud, outspoken, and sometimes arrogant. But when an opposing fan is at Paulson, just follow the golden rule.
    Our fans ROCK!

I have heard the comment "wow-y'all sure make a lot of noise for this size crowd" many times from people who have come to the game with me but are used to bigger programs.

I can think of more than a few P5s we will beat in the crowd noise dept any day. (One of which has a big stadium in Atl which is rarely even 30% full.)

I think we all appreciate the enthusiasm.... But I definitely agree we have a few bad actors. Just lead by example and others will learn.