TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOT COCAINE PER BIG FRANK

Default NOT COCAINE PER BIG FRANK

Thought that needed to be the headline. Over-under on it being bird poop. Give the man his due. Thank you Shai for being controlled, humble but honest, poised under pressure, and being a dang good Eagle! Now, take another route home and use cruise control. Have a great year young man!

Default Re: NOT COCAINE PER BIG FRANK

I hate he went through this. But he handled it better than me. I would have acted a fool. I am proud of him. Do right!

3. Default Re: NOT COCAINE PER BIG FRANK

Espn needs to correct their headline tonight

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Thought that needed to be the headline. Over-under on it being bird poop. Give the man his due. Thank you Shai for being controlled, humble but honest, poised under pressure, and being a dang good Eagle! Now, take another route home and use cruise control. Have a great year young man!
    When I was that age I used to go 90+ all he time on I-16. When I got pulled over in Metter I was going 96 so when state patrol said 84 I didn't argue lol.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The officer's supervisor is way too confident in those test kits.
    Is that sheriff's dept really not aware of all the news reports on their unreliability?

He sure can't say that he hasn't seen any problems with them before anymore!

As of right now, the WTOC headline says that the lab test showed the substance wasn't drugs, but the video listed below it is from earlier when they just say the charges have been dropped - doesn't mention the evidence of Werts being correct.
    I can't get WTOC, so I don't know what story aired at 11, but I hope it told everyone the up to date information about the lab test results.

"In 2016, the New York Times and ProPublica found that field-testing drug kits, which cost about $2 a piece, are wildly inaccurate. False positives can result from officer errors, the weather or poor lighting, and are so common that as many as one in three tests might come back wrong, The Post reported. Warnings from the Justice Department and crime labs about those problems have done little to slow the use of such kits by local police."

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Is that sheriff's dept really not aware of all the news reports on their unreliability?

As of right now, the WTOC headline says that the lab test showed the substance wasn't drugs, but the video listed below it is from earlier when they just say the charges have been dropped - doesn't mention the evidence of Werts being correct.
    I can't get WTOC, so I don't know what story aired at 11, but I hope it told everyone the up to date information about the lab test results.
    https://www.wtoc.com/2019/08/08/wtoc...k-arrest-video

8. Default Re: NOT COCAINE PER BIG FRANK

Why not show the picture that the officer took of the hood of the car if they are so insistent that it's cocaine.
    Jordan Wilson
    @ GSU from 2005-2008
    KSU c/o 2012 Computer Science

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

If he goes on public record as saying that he knows the tests are inaccurate, then he's undermining any future police work by his department. He knows just as well as anyone on this board does (after the past week at least) that the tests are basically a way to provide probable cause for a search.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    If he goes on public record as saying that he knows the tests are inaccurate, then he's undermining any future police work by his department. He knows just as well as anyone on this board does (after the past week at least) that the tests are basically a way to provide probable cause for a search.
    Exactly. If these tests were foolproof, there would be no need to send a sample to the lab.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.