TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

1. Default Re: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

thanks, i get his twitter feed too.

Default Re: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    That’s a pretty big deal. Sounds like a wise move on his part. inhale vigorouslys for our future though. He was the heir to Werts basically.
    We still have two years of a Tomlin after Werts is done. Tomlin’s stats in scrimmages have been really good this fall. I think that will be a pretty smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    We still have two years of a Tomlin after Werts is done. Tomlin’s stats in scrimmages have been really good this fall. I think that will be a pretty smooth transition.
    lets hope by design he gets plenty of playing time early in the Maine game, like trot out there to start the second offensive series in 1st quarter. IMO, got to get him some serious experience in "real time". If Werts ever got dinged up and had to miss a half, etc. I want Tomlin more "game ready" vs scrimmage ready.

4. Default Re: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

Jaden Jenkins writes
    ‘career is officially over’
    Jaden Jenkins, a freshman quarterback, is no longer on the Georgia Southern roster, and on Monday he explained why on his Facebook page.
    ″ ... My career is officially over due to injuries dealing with my spine, neck, and shoulder,” wrote Jenkins, a 6-foot-3, 195-pounder from Bartow, Florida (Jefferson County High). “I chose to play it safe to hang up my career up ... maybe in the future I will be able to recover and play again but as of right now my career is over with.
    “It was my decision and I didn’t feel safe playing with my spine, neck, and shoulder in the condition that it is.”
    Jenkins went on to explain that he has a “vertebrae in my neck that is out of place.”
    He wrote that he is still enrolled in school and will continue to pursue a degree.
    Georgia Southern said that Jenkins is no longer with the program and would not have any further comment on Monday.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    Jaden Jenkins writes
    ‘career is officially over’
    Jaden Jenkins, a freshman quarterback, is no longer on the Georgia Southern roster, and on Monday he explained why on his Facebook page.
    ″ ... My career is officially over due to injuries dealing with my spine, neck, and shoulder,” wrote Jenkins, a 6-foot-3, 195-pounder from Bartow, Florida (Jefferson County High). “I chose to play it safe to hang up my career up ... maybe in the future I will be able to recover and play again but as of right now my career is over with.
    “It was my decision and I didn’t feel safe playing with my spine, neck, and shoulder in the condition that it is.”
    Jenkins went on to explain that he has a “vertebrae in my neck that is out of place.”
    He wrote that he is still enrolled in school and will continue to pursue a degree.
    Georgia Southern said that Jenkins is no longer with the program and would not have any further comment on Monday.
    im glad the young man explained it and here is to the best for him both physically and academically.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Was tomlin redshirted?
    Yes.

Only saw action at CCU

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Yes.

Only saw action at CCU
    To add onto this, the new rules put into place last year allow freshman to play in any game up to a total of 4 and still take a redshirt.

This prevents a situation like where a team (maybe Baylor?) had to burn a redshirt on a QB in their bowl game because all their other QBs were injured. It's just an easier system.

As it was, Tomlin only went in for one play last year and it was late in the CCU game.

Jenkins is a stud from what I heard. I was excited to have him play in the future. Hope he gets healed and can play again.

"Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Kudos to Dr Horace Deal for his part in Drew’s recovery!