TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Shai is back.

Default Re: Shai is back.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You know what’s really funny?

Precedents!

Those things are a hoot! Go find us one!!
    Off....tha.....rails....chooo chooo crash.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OK.

Prove me wrong.

Find a precedent of where someone was convicted (or even charged) for “possession” of a controlled substance adhering to the outside of a vehicle.....

Do some research and show me. Please. I have looked, and I can’t find any basis for what the officer is trying to pull. Shai’s lawyer described this case as “bizarre” for a reason. I bet he’s thinking the same thing.

I’m not being sarcastic. I’d really like to find some precedent for this stuff. From what I understand about the 4th and rules of evidence, this case had absolutely no merit.

“Constructive possession” is the place to start. Maybe you are better at searching for this stuff than I am.... I can’t find anything which would even hint that this is a legitimate route.

Go and find some stuff and show me where I’m off base. Or you just gonna roll with 3rd grader insults?

It's called constructive possession. Constructive possession of a controlled substance happens when you do not have actual physical possession of the drug, but you have both:

• Knowledge of the drug’s presence on or about your property; and
    • The ability to maintain dominion and control over it.

Merely being in close proximity to a drug is not enough to show constructive possession — the element of dominion and control adds an extra layer that must be proven in order for it to count as constructive possession. Legally, constructive possession is treated the same as actual possession.

Example would be state vs Brown... drugs in the back of the car. Driver and passenger both claim not theirs. Long story short, passenger was ultimately convicted based on behavior of both parties. Driver was acquitted.

You are correct, not much info on real cases regarding this but they are out there. Seems they generally do not stick but this also adds to the fact that the cops were doing their job by the law and not "out to get" anyone.
    Last edited by Pike51; 8th August 2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

3. Default Re: Shai is back.

I really can't take any more of this crap. jcountry can rejoin us (or not) in 7 days. Maybe by then he'll learn how to be a productive member of the board.

Ah crap if we gotta be productive I'm gonna pipe down for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I really can't take any more of this crap. jcountry can rejoin us (or not) in 7 days. Maybe by then he'll learn how to be a productive member of the board.
    Are we talking bird crap here?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Ah crap if we gotta be productive I'm gonna pipe down for awhile.
    I have a feeling the board will be a good bit quieter for the next week...
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Bet it was those small town corrupt cops that banned him.

Sorry couldn't resist.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Update, first time I have listened to Buck and Kincade in ages because I thought Kincade was on vaaction. Guess what they are talking about right now.....Killing Shai, like burying him and GS. Good times.

On a unrelated note, it is really easy to troll John Kincade on twitter he always takes the bait. People own him all the time.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Frank Sulkowski has obtained the dash cam footage.

If you're not in the savannah area you can live stream on wjcl.com. He said you can catch it on the 5p airing.
    https://twitter.com/TheBigGuyWJCL/st...248074752?s=19

Jake from WTOC just announced they have obtained it as well