TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin is our QB at this point

1. Default Tomlin is our QB at this point

I honestly don t know what to make of Werts predicament. But it is easy to see that he will at a minimum be suspended for several games and possibly has seen his GS career end. I can tell you that Lunsford is not very happy with him right now. No one is above the program and we can win with Tomlin. At least for now Tomlin is our quarterback.

Default Re: Tomlin is our QB at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    I honestly don t know what to make of Werts predicament. But it is easy to see that he will at a minimum be suspended for several games and possibly has seen his GS career end. I can tell you that Lunsford is not very happy with him right now. No one is above the program and we can win with Tomlin. At least for now Tomlin is our quarterback.
    Where are you getting this? Werts’s LEGAL problems are not particularly serious.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Based on the pics I’ve seen, looks like bird poop

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    Based on the pics I’ve seen, looks like bird poop
    Little rough on Tomlin there. He'll be OK.

5. Default Re: Tomlin is our QB at this point

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Little rough on Tomlin there. He'll be OK.
    Damn, Mom!

You crack me the hell up sometimes!!

6. Default Re: Tomlin is our QB at this point

I hope you eat crow. I'm glad you and lunsford are so close. Im sure he appreciates you coming on the message board to tell everyone he isn't happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I hope you eat crow. I'm glad you and lunsford are so close. Im sure he appreciates you coming on the message board to tell everyone he isn't happy.
    He's someone that at times has been close to the staff, however I'm not sure if that has continued over time.

Also, it's not outside of the realm of imagination to suggest that Lunsford is at a minimum disappointed in Werts at this time. However, I don't imagine he'd be angry with him.....there's just way too much going on right now for anyone to cast judgement. Lunsford treats these players like his kids.....I would imagine he's acting more like a father in this situation at least until the details are born out.

However, he's also probably right that Tomlin is currently our quarterback, given the current situation. And honestly, by early next week a determination needs to be made about whether or not that's the path because whoever starts at LSU is going to need reps.

Oh Werts is missing two games minimum. Tomlin will have a trial by fire.

I think there is almost zero chance Werts has "played his last game"

Probably 2-4 game suspension with a small chance he isn't suspended at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Oh Werts is missing two games minimum. Tomlin will have a trial by fire.

I think there is almost zero chance Werts has "played his last game"

Probably 2-4 game suspension with a small chance he isn't suspended at all.
    If a 2-4 game suspension happens, I will presume the coaches know or suspect that the officer’s suspicions have more merit than most of us think.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    If a 2-4 game suspension happens, I will presume the coaches know or suspect that the officer’s suspicions have more merit than most of us think.
    I agree. I think it totally depends on whether they buy his story. My gut is that Shai is probably a little more culpable than people are letting on, but...it ain't what you think, it's what you can prove.