TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin is our QB at this point

Default Re: Tomlin is our QB at this point

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Minnesota QB hurt, that is very helpful. Let's see when Vegas comes out with the spread, let's see after our first two games and their first two games, then we will have an idea of what we are up against and what Minnesota is up against.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Never mind the Florida game. Here's a summary of our P5 games since 2014:

West Virginia outcome is definitely not flattering but it's the oddity on the list.
    The difference is on WVU, they were worried about us, so much so they spent an unusually large amount of their pre season preparing for our offense and latter were less than stellar against the rest of their schedule. They won the battle but lost the war that year
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    The difference is on WVU, they were worried about us, so much so they spent an unusually large amount of their pre season preparing for our offense and latter were less than stellar against the rest of their schedule. They won the battle but lost the war that year
    Wasn't their DC brought over from Crapp State a few years before?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    Let's also not forget that several times during the WVU game, we looked like the Keystone Cops. I can think of 2 times Upshaw should have gone to the house but instead slipped on his own. The other issue there was WVU seemed to be able to score on us at will with the deep ball and we had zero ability to stop it.

That said, don't think LSU isn't getting ready for us. Coach O isn't interested in a repeat of the Troy game. The fact that he mentioned it during SEC media days tells me all I need to know about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Let's also not forget that several times during the WVU game, we looked like the Keystone Cops. I can think of 2 times Upshaw should have gone to the house but instead slipped on his own. The other issue there was WVU seemed to be able to score on us at will with the deep ball and we had zero ability to stop it.

That said, don't think LSU isn't getting ready for us. Coach O isn't interested in a repeat of the Troy game. The fact that he mentioned it during SEC media days tells me all I need to know about that.
    +1 and LSU is preseason ranked #6. We are 25.5 dogs. Hope we have a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    Wasn't their DC brought over from Crapp State a few years before?
    No, Tony Gibson was at WVU for a while.

However, he got his *** handed to him in Paulson back in the 90s as a player, so he knew very well who we were. Looks like he got a chance to pay us back for it too.

7. Default Re: Tomlin is our QB at this point

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1 and LSU is preseason ranked #6. We are 25.5 dogs. Hope we have a good showing.
    I thought we were 35 point dogs at some point.

I wouldn't think LSU would cover that, even with our backup.

I think our defense will be much more stout than they are getting credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    No, Tony Gibson was at WVU for a while.

However, he got his *** handed to him in Paulson back in the 90s as a player, so he knew very well who we were. Looks like he got a chance to pay us back for it too.
    Off topic, but where has Gibson landed?

Do you know, Pike?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Off topic, but where has Gibson landed?

Do you know, Pike?
    I think he is at NC State w/ Doeren
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I think he is at NC State w/ Doeren
    Yep, he's co-DC at NC State.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.