TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is the most embarassing loss ever for the football program?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy 1992

3 5.08%
  • West Georgia 1994

9 15.25%
  • Central Connecticut State 2006

8 13.56%
  • Georgia State 2015

37 62.71%
  • Other

2 3.39%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarassing loss ever

1. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I left after our turnover in the fourth quarter, but 2008 at WCU was probably the most embarrassing loss I’ve seen.
    Boy do I have news for you!

2. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Without a doubt, West Georgia. I mean, the last time we were on that same field was a PLAYOFF game to secure our 10th win of the season. Then, we invite a mediocre in-state DII program into our house for an easy win for our first home game of the season.... and lose. SMFH.

I also found the WVU game to be quite embarrassing. Given the momentum our program had, that was really bad timing to lay that egg, especially on national TV.

Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Just playing devils advocate, here...Georgia State was probably the one loss that made me angrier than a college football game ought to make you (especially after learning Fritz had one foot out the door), but as far as "other people pointing and laughing" CCSU was worse. Everyone outside of two fan bases forgot about that awful game after we whupped Bowling Green but firing Mike Sewak and falling on your face had lasting effects.

Even though Troy was a pretty decent team in Larry Blakeney's second year in 1992 getting shut out at home is probably hard to beat IMO.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 11th July 2019 at 01:40 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    We really wouldn't have been ranked though. That was the last week of the AP being the "official" ranking, and there was no way the CFP was going to put in an 8-1 Sun Belt team.
    It's not like the AP stops ranking teams.

It still would have been something noteworthy.

5. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Definitely Gag.

Thanks to that hoarse scarecrow who bailed to Tulane.

That particular game was so bad, I think he did it on purpose-as a final FU to some people he had gripes with.

People act like was somehow a victim. No one who is getting paid that kind of money and has that kind of talent, yet walks out there and lays the biggest egg in Paulsonís history-to a freaking team like Gag..... No one like that has any excuse. Fritz punked us.

6. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's not like the AP stops ranking teams.

It still would have been something noteworthy.
    For sure, just meant we wouldn't have the number by our name in score tickers, scoreboard overlays, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Losing to gag in Paulson in 2015 hands down is the most embarassing. Worst home loss ever, to a program that honestly didnt even deserve to be on the same field as us, and they whooped our fannies up and down the field. It was definitely made worse by all the trash talk we had given their fanbase in the years leading up to it, and after the Paulson North banner nonsense that had gone down the year before.

In my opinion, we've had a number of bad losses, but nothing comes close to that one.
    Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I left after our turnover in the fourth quarter, but 2008 at WCU was probably the most embarrassing loss Iíve seen.
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Definitely Gag.

Thanks to that hoarse scarecrow who bailed to Tulane.

That particular game was so bad, I think he did it on purpose-as a final FU to some people he had gripes with.

People act like was somehow a victim. No one who is getting paid that kind of money and has that kind of talent, yet walks out there and lays the biggest egg in Paulsonís history-to a freaking team like Gag..... No one like that has any excuse. Fritz punked us.
    He also is responsible for our only FBS level football championship...so there's that.

10. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    He also is responsible for our only FBS level football championship...so there's that.
    That makes it even worse.

He is not a bad coach. But he didn’t prepare at all for that game. Gag was a horrible team. We had absolutely no business not beating them by 20 points or more.

Or perhaps, he threw it purposely. Either way, it was a bad way to go out, and an insult to ever team member and fan.

Willie is a classless turd.