TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is the most embarassing loss ever for the football program?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy 1992

3 5.08%
  • West Georgia 1994

9 15.25%
  • Central Connecticut State 2006

8 13.56%
  • Georgia State 2015

37 62.71%
  • Other

2 3.39%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most embarassing loss ever

Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    A player at the time that I was acquaintances with, said they were just exhausted from traveling to and from San Marcos and then to Annapolis within a week of each other, and that they were "too cold to even think".
    Very weak excuse. Attribute that to the coaching staff.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

2. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Very weak excuse. Attribute that to the coaching staff.
    Attribute cold weather and travel to the coaching staff? Going from Statesboro to San Marcos and back, then up to Annapolis in the same week (3,100 miles of travel) to be greeted by sub-freezing temperatures isn't something I think the staff could've controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It was a pitiful half of football but it has some mitigating factors. UMass won 4 of their last 6 games including beating App and almost beating Miss State. And we got to avenge it the very next season with a convincing win. We could've given State 3 straight beat downs after 2015 and that would still sting.

Losing to a bad team itself doesn't make for an embarrassment. I think the 2001 ETSU team might be one of the worst teams we've ever lost to in my time as a fan, but it's never going to be among the first games that come to mind when people think of embarrassments. The UMass game would probably be completely forgotten if it wasn't for the fact it was Tyson Summers' "last stand". By the same token, since 2014 we've beaten more than a few teams that would beat that 2013 Florida team that won't be nearly as memorable as beating Florida themselves.
    True, but almost every halftime broadcast I saw that day had highlights of our game and commentators talking about how bad we were. There is a reason most casual fans know we were really bad a few seasons ago and it's likely because of that game. It got more air time than most other games we play because of the hilarity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Attribute cold weather and travel to the coaching staff? Going from Statesboro to San Marcos and back, then up to Annapolis in the same week (3,100 miles of travel) to be greeted by sub-freezing temperatures isn't something I think the staff could've controlled.
    Sub-freezing temps? I was at that game. It was damn near 50 degrees.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

It was cold enough for a heavy winter coat but not bone chilling Boone cold.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Two way tie: 2006 home opener (fireworks and all) and 2015 massive home loss to Ga State

Don’t forget the first NDSU game at Paulson where they beat the s$&t out of us when they were a transition team and Van Bozo said that is the kind of team we needed to look like.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

8. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It was a pitiful half of football but it has some mitigating factors. UMass won 4 of their last 6 games including beating App and almost beating Miss State. And we got to avenge it the very next season with a convincing win. We could've given State 3 straight beat downs after 2015 and that would still sting.
    It might “still sting,” but IMO it is a hell of a lot more embarrassing to loss to State three years in a row then it would have been just that once.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Don’t forget the first NDSU game at Paulson where they beat the s$&t out of us when they were a transition team and Van Bozo said that is the kind of team we needed to look like.

I mean....he wasn’t exactly wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

10. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

BVG is amazing.

Been fired from so many positions, yet somehow he keeps getting a nice new job making great money.

That guy must be one hell of an interview